Chapter 13: The Subburn Alpha and his Unhinged Beta

Hello, sorry about the long break...

🩵🩵

Yoongi's heart raced as he watched Jungkook pack, his fingers trembling slightly as he folded Jungkook's tie. "When will you be back?" he asked with a voice tinged with nervousness,biting onto his lips

"Tomorrow night!" Jungkook replied with a small smile

The tie Yoongi was folding slipped from his hands dramatically and his eyes widened in surprise. "That long?!" he exclaimed, his worry evident in his tone.

Jungkook chuckled softly at Yoongi's dramatic reaction. "Yes, Yoonie!! We have an important meeting about renewing the extradition policy, and then I have to meet with that alpha from the desert province regarding trade offers. Since Dad isn't fond of his attitude, I'm stuck dealing with him. Sorry!" he explained, shrugging slightly.

"I don't understand all that!!" Yoongi pouted, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the complexities of pack politics.

Jungkook smiled again "This is just one day..but I might have to leave for days or weeks, even months once I become king!!" Jungkook elaborated, reaching out to gently hold Yoongi's hands in his own to offer him comfort.

"Don't scare me, Hyungie!!"Yoongi whimpered, his eyes starting to glisten with tears, the thought of Jungkook being away weighing heavily on him" I hate being alone in unknown places..you know i 'm fine back home" he said pouting more

Jungkook's expression softened at Yoongi's distress. "Hey, Jin hyung will keep you company, and there's that impressive library to explore!!" he reassured, trying to lighten the mood." You said the luna kept many rare poetry collections in her library ..you must look into that while you have the chance"

Yoongi nodded slowly in response

Jungkook forced a smile on his face and continued "And..atleast for a few days you can sleep without getting suffocation from my scent" he added with a shrug , a hint of sadness etching his voice

Yoongi suddenly bit his lip, feeling a pang of guilt about not liking Jungkook's scent outside of his heats. "Sorry!!" he whispered. Ever since they were announced as mates, he had been feeling inadequate. Jungkook's smell didn't calm his omega, as in normal alpha and omega relationships and he couldn't explain why..and his mind briefly wandered to that intoxicating patchouli scent of a certain alpha..and how calming and sooting it was...it was unlike any scent he had ever came across..as if it was made for him..

"It's okay, Yoonie!!" Jungkook's voice pulled him put of his thoughts"It'll get better when we get mated" he said, squeezing Yoongi's hand gently for support.

Jimin sat slouched on the breakfast table in the main building's patio, nursing a steaming cup of coffee, his disheveled hair falling messily around his face. The bright sunlight forced him to shield his eyes behind a pair of oversized sunglasses, giving him a rather funny appearance.

Suddenly, without warning, Taehyung snuck up behind him and delivered a swift kick to his back, earning a middle finger from Jimin.

"What's with the sunglasses? Did you join some cult?" Taehyung teased, unable to resist poking fun at Jimin's choice of morning attire while stealing his coffee and taking a sip.

"Give me back my coffee, get your own, asshole!" Jimin shot back, snatching his precious drink away from Taehyung's grasp..clearly annoyed

"Hangover?" he inquired, already knowing the answer but wanting to hear Jimin admit it.

Jimin nodded in agreement while stuffing a raw pancake into his mouth and washing it down with a large gulp of coffee to ease the remnants of his hangover.