Anne the Bright

Narnia recovered quickly from the White Witch, and the Pevensie's coronation was scheduled for a week after the battle.

The family had been moved into Cair Paravel, the castle of the Narnian Kings and Queens. Mr Tumnus had explained that whilst Anne's siblings would be crowned Kings and Queens, she would be named Princess of Narnia by Aslan: to honour the prophecy.

Nevertheless, Anne had been fitted for a green dress, and been given her own quarters in the castle with a large en-suite and 'potions room' for her to experiment with her book. They'd tried to get her to wear a different necklace, but she'd grabbed her mother's chain sharply and refused.

Although not given a throne, Anne would at least be given a tiara: a golden leaf circuit matching her sisters.

Coronation day came soon enough, and the whole castle was a buzz with excitement, yellow and red flowers placed in every vase available.

Anne was standing at the side of the four thrones, her harsh curls delicately twisted behind her back. She watched her siblings walk down the aisle with Aslan in between them, Centaurs stood to attention along the edges of the room. The children walk up the steps and stand in front of their appropriate thrones, Lucy sends Anne a toothy grin, and Anne can't help but smile back.

Aslan starts to speak "To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant," Mr Tumnus approaches in a matching green scarf to Anne's dress, and the Beavers bear the crowns. Mr Tumnus crowns Lucy first.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just. To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle. And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent," Mr Tumnus places the large gold crown on Peter's head and Aslan turns to the kids "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens,"

The crowd chants for their new monarchs.

"Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!"

"And your new princess!" Aslan commands attention, Anne steps forward, bowing for Mr Tumnus to place the crown on her head "Anne the Bright!"

"Long live princess Anne!" the crown's chants mix with the shouts for her siblings and Anne steps back into place.

✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵

The celebrations in Narnia lasted months, other kingdoms heard of the children who sat on the thrones and doubted their power, until they saw them, in battle - Peter and Edmund leading the charges, whilst Anne and Lucy trained with Bow and Arrows. Susan was known to stay in the castle during battles, preferring to only shoot when needed.

Over 15 years, Narnia flourished, the time of the Pevensies was titled 'The Golden Age', and although Anne was not a queen: she was remembered.

She fought in battles alongside her brothers and sister, made public appearances, and was often seen in her sibling's council, her gaze hard, but her smile soft.

As her siblings became more independent, Anne spent more time in her quarters or the forest, mixing together remedies, or laying in the flower fields, reading with her ladies in waiting.

Despite this, she never found a companion, any proposals (though few compared to her sisters) were not taken seriously, and many doubted if she had any close friends. All she had were her siblings and in the final years of their reign, when seen in public, she looked sad and lonely.

Enemy kingdoms mocked her name 'Anne the Bright' and had taken to calling her 'Anne the Miserable', something which they regretted when seeing her hairpin - a reminder of her win against the White Witch.