Equal

Birds tweeting is what wakes Anne up. After a sleepless night, the grief had struck, and she and her sisters had fallen asleep on the stone table, hugging Aslan.

Susan sits up first, looking at the lion "We should go," she stands while Anne rubs her eyes, Lucy sighs

"I'm so cold,"

Anne rubs her arms "Come on," she jumps off the table, and picks up Lucy, helping her down. The three girls start to walk down the tall stone steps, Susan comforting Lucy.

The ground shakes suddenly, and Anne yelps, falling to the ground with her sisters. Lucy looks back at the Stone Table "Anne!" the other girls turn, and see that the table has cracked and that Aslan has disappeared, they rush to stand.

"Where's Aslan?"

"What have they done?"

Anne has to squint as the sun shines brightly on their faces, they look towards the archway and a large figure appears.

Aslan steps out of the sun, his mane long once more, and his body ever so slightly bigger.

"Aslan!" Susan and Lucy run forward and hug him while Anne stands still, eyes wide.

"But, the witch - the knife!" Anne stutters, Aslan laughs and walks around to meet her, she strokes his head and he headbutts her lightly

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently - That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack and even Death itself will turn backwards,"

"We sent the news that you were dead," Susan exclaims and Anne looks back into the forest

"Peter and Edmund will have gone to war,"

Lucy draws her dagger "We have to help them,"

"We will, dear one, but not alone. Climb on my back. We have far to go and little time to get there," the three girls follow his instructions " And you might want to cover your ears," He lets out a large roar, and sprints into the forest, Anne laughs as she's jolted forward into Susan's back.

Aslan takes them to the Witch's palace, which although still standing, was melting slowly. The courtyard is filled with stone animals, and Lucy is frantically searching for Mr Tumnus, she spots him and runs forward.

"Lou-?" Anne and Susan follow her and find the fawn, frozen in a face of distress, Lucy starts to sob and Susan pulls her into her arms, Anne brushes away some of her hair and kisses her forehead.

Aslan walks up to them without saying a word, he breathes gently on Mr Tumnus and slowly, the stone fades, and Mr. Tumnus changes back. He groans and falls forward into Lucy and Susan's arms, he looks up recognising Lucy and smiles.

"Susan, this is..."

"Mr. Tumnus!" Susan exclaims, hugging him, they pull back.

"This is Anne," Lucy introduces and Anne waves as Aslan appears again.

"Come, we must hurry and search the castle. Peter will need everyone we can find,".

✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵

A relatively large army had been recruited from the Witch's palace, Aslan leads them to battle and stops at the top of a cliff, he lets out a loud roar, but Anne isn't listening, too busy searching the battlefield for her brothers; she spots Peter mid-fight with the Witch.

"Peter!" she screams, he catches a brief glimpse of his sisters before he's thrown back into the battle, Anne starts to run down the hill "Stay up high!" she orders her sisters, they go to complain, but Anne's face tells them not to argue, Susan takes out her bow, and aims bellow, coving Anne as she runs into the battle field.

Anne ducks and stumbles through the field, narrowly missing some arrows and swords. She had to get to Peter. She can hear Aslan's footsteps, but when she sees the Witch pin Peter down by his chainmail, Anne runs at full speed.

The Witch stands over Peter, about to deliver the death blow, she looks up, too proud to let him die without anyone watching. That's her last mistake, as Anne reaches up into her hair and pulls out her pin, she removes the sheath, dropping it to the floor as she grabs the Witch's shoulder, pulling her back and lodging the dagger in her back. The Witch screams and falls onto Anne, she removes the dagger, letting her bleed on her dress. The Witch looks into her eyes, and laughs, as if she wasn't expecting it. She sees a fire in Anne's eyes, a determination that only comes from a pissed-off teenage girl.

"You'll never be like them," the Witch chokes out, gesturing to Peter with her head "Never their equ-" Anne plunges the dagger into her stomach, pulling it out and stepping away. Aslan leaps at Jadis, pinning her to the ground. Anne runs to Peter, helping him stand.

Time seems to speed up, soldiers speeding past while Anne hugs her brother, she hears her sisters call for them, and Aslan's voice in the distance.

"It is finished,"

Anne feels Susan's arms wrap around her, and Lucy's small hands join with hers, she and Peter pull apart and look around.

"Where's Edmund?" Susan asks, and Peter turns to sprint in te opposite direction, the sisters follow, and find Edmund on the floor, groaning. The Witch's assistant is about to finish him off, but Susan shoots an arrow right into his heart.

Edmund coughs and gasps as his siblings kneel beside him, Susan removes his helmet and Lucy grabs her cordial, placing one drop on Edmund's lips. Anne holds his hand tightly. He stops gasping and lays still.

"Edmund?!" Anne screams panicked, tears streaming down her face. It takes a few seconds for him to cough, opening his eyes and smiling slightly, Peter pulls him into a tight hug, red in the face from tears.

"When are you gonna learn to do as you're told?" he laughs, embracing Edmund once more, his sisters joining this time. When they part, they see Aslan bring a stone satyr back to life. Lucy gets an idea and grabs her cordial. She runs off, finding wounded soldiers and healing them. Anne smiles, as her siblings stand, she looks down at her lap, where her bloodied dagger lays on her lap. Her skirt splattered with the same blood.

"Anne?" Peter puts his hand out for her to take.

"I'll come in a minute," she smiles and he nods, side-hugging Susan and Edmund while they follow Lucy. Anne looks over to Aslan who nods, walking away. The eldest daughter stands finally, cleaning off her blade and walking back to the Wicth's corpse, she finds her daggers sheath and picks it up, reconstructing the hairpin and sliding it back into her hair. She looks down at the witch once more, then walks away.

She'd saved Peter.

She'd saved Narnia.