part one, chapter one, page nine

Samu and Stormy were flipping through their phones at the island of the kitchen. Stormy was texting Jack as they were finishing the last of their project. Samu was flipping through Instagram, looking at the recent football game. He wasn't able to go to this football game because of Layla. He looked at pictures posted by other students, filled with jealousy. While they were on their phones, Marianna walked into the house. She walked up to the boys, who were still on their phones. 

"Hey, guys." Marianna said as she sat down next to Stormy.

"Hola." Stormy replied.

"Sup." Samu said.

Samu and Stormy were still on their phones. She noticed that Samu was in a bad mood. She then remembered that he was grounded for getting Layla pregnant. 

"The football team must've missed you, Samuel." She said. Stormy covered his mouth, holding back a laugh. Marianna giggled loudly.

Samu turned his head to Marianna who was smiling at him. "Marianna, find something safe to do." he said in Spanish.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Samu, did that hurt your pretty little feelings?" Marianna replied in English.

"Marianna, I am not gonna tell your ass again, find something safe to do." 

"Hmm, lemme guess, you still haven't solved this pregnancy thing? Layla still carrying Samuel Hidalgo Hernandez Jr.?" 

Samu slammed his phone on the island. He glared at Marianna. Stormy darted his eyes between both Marianna and Samu. He backed his chair away from them.

"Hmm, you still going out with college kids? Drinking and smoking weed?" Samu briefly paused. "The weed from that small box in your room?" He said in annoyance.

"SAMU! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" She shouted. Stormy, still holding his hand over his mouth stared in shock.

"What Mari? I was only asking, like a decent brother!" Samu said.

Marianna scoffed. "Decent?"

Samu smirked. "Decent."

There was a moment of silence between the three. Marianna, filled with rage, stood up to try to slap Samu in the face. Before she could, Stormy stopped her.

"Whoa, whoa, toro. Don't do that shit." He said calmly.

"Try me, Mari." Samu teased.

Stormy turned his head to Samu. "Boy, you're not helping!"

Marianna sucked her tooth as she glared at Samu. "At least I'm not a dad."

"At least I'm not a druggie." Samu replied.

"Guys! Shut up!" Stormy demanded.

"No one asked, Stormy." Samu said.

"Well, I asked, therefore, shut the fuck up! Y'all are being immature!" Stormy shouted. 

"Damn right, Stormy." Julia said as she emerged from the wine cellar. All three were caught in surprise.

"Samu, you still have yet to figure this shit out?" She asked.

"Mom, I-" Samu was cut off.

"Don't want to hear that shit. Since you can't figure that shit out yourself, you WILL bring Layla here on Saturday and we will figure this shit out together." 

Julia turned to Marianna. Marianna, knowing she was caught, said in defeat "I will give you my weed box and-" She was cut off by Julia.

"That's all I want to hear, Mari" She said. Marianna got up to get her weed box from her room.