part one, chapter one, page three

Coach Anders was irritated at Samu for being late. He's one of the best players on the team. Samu jogged to the locker room.

"You're late, Hernandez! Hurry up! We need you right now!" Coach yelled.

"Yes, coach!" Samu replied. Very quickly, he changed into his gym clothes and ran out to the crowd of other boys who were practicing or working out. In that crowd was his best friend, Bentley. Bentley had just finished a bicep workout. The veins in his arms were very visible.

"You're probably gonna have to do them bitch squats!" Both boys chuckled.

"Hernandez, Chadwick, less talking, more practicing!"

"Yes, coach!" the boys said. They grabbed baseball bats and began practicing.

Around 15 minutes later, the coach called for all the boys to sit on the bleachers to talk about next week's game. And of course, Bentley and Samu sat next to each other.

"I heard about Sanara. She tried to get you back, huh?" Bentley said.

"Well, I rejected her so.." Samu replied.

"Maybe you should.."

"Should what, Bentley?"

Bentley made a suggestive hand gesture.

"Hell nah, that bitch really did me dirty when we were dating!"

"She's been talking mad shit about you. Apparently, you got her best friend, Layla pregnant-"

"WAIT, WHAT?"

"HEY, STOP TALKING!" Coach Anders shouted.

"Yes, coach!" Bentley replied.

"Don't take it to heart, Samu. The rumors will fade soon."

Samu looked down at his phone. He was absolutely terrified for his reputation. Knowing that Sanara could be spreading rumors about him and Layla. He texted Sanara on Instagram, asking her to talk after school.

Meanwhile, in Marianna's class

Marianna and Katrina were chatting about boys, specifically about Garrett Ryker. Garrett's on the boxing team. He's a fairly social and very sweet boy. He's tall, muscular, has a thick, luscious head of hair, sun-kissed cinnamon skin, beautiful hazel eyes, and a well-groomed mustache. He had interacted with Marianna once, but they don't normally talk. However, she has had a crush on him since 6th grade. But she never had the heart to tell him how she feels. Katrina always gives her shit about it.

"I mean, isn't he throwing a party on Halloween?" Katrina asked.

"I think so, I think it might be invite only though." Marianna said.

"Guess, you gotta sneak in!" Katrina laughed.

"Hell no! His friends don't like me! Mainly due to the shit that Samu said last year before he left the boxing team."

"What did he say?"

"A lot of shit. Just trust me."

"Oh." Katrina turned away from Marianna. Marianna turned to look at and adore Garrett. Garrett was talking to his friends and laughing.

She admired him. She always does that. As much as she wants to doubt it, she does.

Lunchtime rolls around.