The Second Time

TRIGGER WARNING FOR BLOOD, DEATH, SELF HARM, AND SUICIDE

    Leo felt dizzy, his vision dark and murky. He could faintly see the ever-growing pool of blood around him. He didn't even mean to go this far, this deep, but it had just felt so much better. He was hiding in his private room in Bunker Nine and felt the sudden pain. He'd, on accident, cut his palm on a loose sheet of metal. It shouldn't have felt good, but with how numb he'd been feeling, it did.

    He hadn't cut since the quest, he really thought he was getting better. Huh, the fact he was probably dying seemed to contradict that hope. It was stupid.

    It was only one, but one turns to two, two to three, three to four, four to five, and it just kept going. He didn't stop, whether he wanted to or not he couldn't.

    He heard someone inside the Cabin calling his name, though he was unsure who would even care enough.

    Did Leo want to die?

    That was a good question. Would have have gone that deep if he didn't, using the sharp metal in his hands?

    Leo always tried to convince himself he wasn't Suicidal, even before Wilderness school and Camp. He never quite believed it.

    He heard the familiar groan of the bed going down, bringing a person with. He should've locked the bathroom door.

    He still had the bloody metal clenched in his hand, his wrists bleeding more then he thought was possible. He heard the sound of bathroom door opening, a black and blue(hah) blob in his vision.

    He started to feel a cold feeling -- something he never really felt before -- as he heard the person run up to him, cursing.

    "Leo-Don't-Stay-ake." He heard them say, or, more like he tried to. Everything was getting fuzzy for him. God's, was this really how he was gonna die?

    It took him too long in his cotton-filled mind to figure out who was in front of him. Black and Blue -- must've been Percy. The only thing Leo could hear clearly was him yelling for Will.

    Blood was everywhere. Usually that would make him sick, but he was already so disoriented he just stared at the red liquid as if he didn't know where it came from.

    He forgot where he was for a moment, the pain in his arms numbing. Leo didn't think that was a good thing.

    "S'rry," He muttered deliriously, but that was the only thing he knew he said.

    He was mumbling mindlessly when Will ran in, though Leo didn't have the consciousness to question how he heard Percy.

    He felt a sudden spike of pain in his arms as Will wrapped white bandages around them, but he couldn't seem to remember what it was from.

    He just felt tired, so tired. He thought maybe a small nap wouldn't hurt, black spots dancing in his field of vision.

    Percy yelled at him to stay awake, but Leo didn't hear the words. He lost consciousness.

    They didn't know he felt that way, that he'd fallen hard. Just being left by himself, keeping to himself, had just become too much for him.

    "Didn't wanna be a burden anymore," He had said in a delirious state, his voice slurred. "Guess I gave up, just like they said I would... Dying in a pathetic way, just like me."

    They wished they'd found out sooner, they could have helped, but they always say 'you never know until it's too late'.

    And they didn't...

    That day, despite Will and Percy's efforts, Leo Valdez died from the sheer amount of blood loss -- taking his own life. It was the worst way for a hero to end, thinking they never accomplished anything when they did.

    And God's, if that didn't hurt the Seven, knowing he died thinking that he wasn't a hero -- that he was a burden to them.

    They could only hope he was in Elysium...

    This story was 666 words bro-

    Actually scared but ima ignore it-

SUGGESTION BOX HERE!

|__|