𝟏𝟒 | 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐞

No amount of warning about my future or where I am now could have prepared me for Nicolas' flirtatious remarks, and even if I drowned myself in a pool of coffee, it wouldn't be enough to stop the damn butterflies dancing in my stomach like they ow...

No amount of warning about my future or where I am now could have prepared me for Nicolas' flirtatious remarks, and even if I drowned myself in a pool of coffee, it wouldn't be enough to stop the damn butterflies dancing in my stomach like they owned the entire space.

Why?

Because never in my existence have I expected for him to openly flirt with me—that too twice in the same day.

I couldn't sleep when I ended our call last night. Throughout the night, my eyes remained fixed on the ceiling above, and his words ran through my mind. I'm not sure if time stopped suddenly or if it moved so quickly that the next thing I knew was the dawn peeking inside my room through the window, and before I could have allowed myself to dwell on my thoughts any longer, I got ready for the day and scrambled out of my house before anyone was awake, leaving a note on the refrigerator about leaving early for the hospital. But even after reaching the everyday chaos and loud noises surrounding me, his voice and his words were the only thing that I could hear.

"I don't boast about something that hasn't even started, but you'll definitely boast about it when I am done."

"Careful, Feisty, I can see you falling for my charms."

The same heat from last night comes to my skin as if he were right in front of me, saying all those things to me again, and my heartbeats pound in my ears.

"Ruining is my kink, but more when I am the one doing that to the girl laying in my bed."

A gasp of breath escapes my mouth as my thighs press together while I sit in my chair, clutching the mug of coffee so tightly that it could break at any minute, attempting to soothe the aching between my legs, but all of my efforts failed.

The way he held me yesterday in the basement, I wondered if his hands would be steady enough to hold me when I'd crash into my high in front of him.

The way his voice had a command to it when he wanted us to talk in that basement, I wondered if he would whisper in my ear with that same dominance while we both would struggle to form any words.

The way he described ruining the girl in his bed, I wondered if he would break me apart every time he claimed me, daring me to try and run away from him....

Shut up, Rachel Wang. Don't forget who he is!

The logical part of my brain shouted at me.

A man who seems to be very interested in you.

The other, intrusive part replied.

But the question is, do you also feel interested in him?

This time, it was my heart who asked, and I knew I was in trouble.

I shouldn't feel this way for him in the first place, not when I know exactly what he thinks of me. I could never forget his conversation with Jade's brother. Adrian. Being interested in him should be nowhere near me.