𝐱𝐥𝐯. gabbie to the rescue

✧˖*°࿐ CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE!
❪    in real life     &     social media    ❫

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE!❪    in real life     &     social media    ❫

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

KATE MARTIN IS A LIAR. Isabel had sat in her bed all day, trying to forget yesterday happened and waiting for Kate to walk through her door and pull her into the biggest hug ever. Though, Kate never showed. She had heard Gabbie enter the apartment roughly an hour ago, so she knew for a fact that practice hadn't ran any later than expected.

She checked her phone for what felt like the millionth time in the past hour, hoping to see a text from Kate on her screen. The only notification she had was a tracking update for an Amazon package.

Isabel had spent the entirety of last night trying to find the guy who had approached her. She went through every single one of her friends Instagram following lists and searched the name Ben and Bennett. She even pulled up the graduating class from last year. However, her investigation was fruitless as she gained no further information on who he was. Now she was starting to second guess if Ben was even his real name.

A knock at her bedroom door sounded, making her heart speed up. Maybe Kate was just a little later than she normally is. Was she overthinking this whole thing? Though it wasn't Kate and she wasn't overthinking. The sight of Gabbie walking into her room holding a bowl of soup made Isabel sigh discreetly in disappointment.

"Gabbie to the rescue!" Gabbie said, handing her best friend the bowl of potato soup.

"My angel." Isabel smiled lovingly at her.

Gabbie climbed into Isabel's bed, wrapping an arm around the girls sunken body. Isabel had told her the entire story before she left for practice this morning and to say Gabbie was pissed would be an understatement. She demanded to know everything about the boy—down to his name, his height, and even so much as how many freckles he had. Ultimately, she had no clue who it could be and she sure as hell didn't know anyone by the name of Bennett.

She ran her hand up and down Isabel's arm comfortingly. "Heard from her yet?"

"Nope," Isabel said solemnly. "she told me last night she would be over here after practice, but clearly that didn't hold much truth."

"She'll come around, Is."

"But I want her to be around now," Isabel sighed. "Why doesn't she believe me Gabbie? What have I ever done that would make her not trust me?" Tears began to weld up in her eyes again, but she quickly regathered her emotions. She had already cried twice today and there was no point in wasting more tears on a situation she had already tried to fix.