𝐱𝐥. closure

✧˖*°࿐ CHAPTER FORTY!
❪    in real life    /   social media   

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER FORTY!❪    in real life    /   social media    ❫

⎯⎯⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

ISABEL LET OUT A RELIEVED SIGH AS THE TEACHER STOOD UP TO DISMISS CLASS. She was grateful that she only had classes two days, but that didn't stop her from still hating to having to go. Luckily, both of her professors were super laid back so neither class required tons of work. Which was good for her since she's constantly doing things for the basketball team and never has much free time.

Looping her backpack around her shoulder, Isabel grabbed her headphones off the desk and quickly filed out of the classroom along with everyone else. It wasn't a large class as, surprisingly, not many people majored in photography.

Just as she made it out into the campus parking lot, a dreaded voice calling out her name made her body tense up. She didn't dare to turn around to try and spot him, instead she picked up her pace a little as she continued to make her way to her car.

"Isabel!" Austin shouted, hot on her heels. "I know you hear me." His voice wasn't the same as it was the other day in the gym. It had lost all venom in it and was now leveled out into a calm tone. "Babe, I just want to talk."

"Don't fucking call me that," Isabel shot back, still not making any effort to look at him. She pulled her keys out of the side of her backpack and hit the unlock button multiple times.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened."

"You seem to say that a lot." Isabel threw her bag into her backseat. Austin finally caught up to her, though respected her space and stood a few feet away from her car. She finally looked at him, her eyes as cold as ever. There was nothing he could say to her to ever earn her forgiveness. They were way past that point.

"I know," He admitted, shoulders dropping as he hung his head. "I just got mad and I wasn't thinking straight. I would never hurt you, Is. You know that, right?" She didn't respond; didn't even as so much as change her expression. "And, I know, I'm such a dick and there's no excuses for my actions, but I am sorry."

"Save it for someone who cares, Austin." Isabel shook her head, going to get in her car but he called out for her again, this time a little more desperate for her to actually listen. She sighed once more, one leg in the car and the other out as she turned back to him.

Austin was trying to figure out what exactly to say. He knew better than to think that Isabel would ever truly see him the same again, but he wanted to set things straight. He was ashamed of his actions and he wanted her to realize that.