𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the email

✧˖*°࿐ CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT!
❪     in real life    

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT!❪     in real life     ❫

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

KATE GRINNED AS SHE FINALLY SPOTTED ISABEL AMOUNG THE CROWD. Their game against Northern Iowa had just ended and people were everywhere on the court. She began to run over to where the girl stood talking with Dara, hoping not to be stopped for any interviews on the way.

Isabel's back was turned to Kate, but Dara smiling at something over her shoulder made her whip her head around. Her face lit up in excitement once she saw Kate running towards her. Squealing, she opened her arms, embracing the girl into a huge hug once she finally reached her.

"You played so good," Isabel whispered into Kate's ear. The girl was sweaty from playing but she didn't mind at all. As long as she was the one Kate was running to after her games, she would always embrace her.

Kate pulled back, running her hands along Isabel's hips and giving them a little squeeze. "I could've done better."

Isabel shook her head, "You always say that."

A tap on Isabel's shoulder made her break the intense eye contact she had with Kate. Dara held out the girls phone that she had left on the ground after she had been too distracted by Kate to remember to pick it up. "See you later, Is."

"Bye, Dara!"

The brunette turned back to Kate, still feeling the way her hands would randomly tighten on her hipbones. "What's the plan?" Isabel asked, as usually the team hung out together after games. It was currently only 7:12pm, so they had plenty of time to go and do something.

"I'm not sure, we haven't talked about it," Kate responded, looking back to see if any of her teammates had left the locker room yet. She only spotted Caitlin, who was still being interviewed and had a crowd of little girls with Hawkeye jerseys swarming behind her. "You drove, right?"

"Yeah." It was only an hour and a half drive from Iowa City to Northern Iowa University, so Isabel chose to drive her car rather than ride on the media team bus. She loved to talk Dara's ear off on the bus rides, but she knew Kate, Gabbie and Caitlin would want to ride back with her.

"Cool, lemme go change and I'll be right back," Kate said, jogging off towards the locker room. Though, she ended up getting stopped for an autograph from some teenage girls.

To pass time waiting for Kate, Isabel scrolled through her emails, deleting spam and junk and responding to the business related ones. Then her heart dropped as she read the name of one of them. It was the owner of the apartment she had been looking at responding back to her message.

For the past two weeks, Isabel and Gabbie had been talking about moving into an apartment so they would have more space. That way they could better accommodate to hosting the team, and they wouldn't have to worry about curfews like they did on campus.

Isabel had reached out to the owner of an apartment only two blocks away from campus, expressing interest. It was affordable between her and Gabbie, and was very spacious. And even though Isabel only went two days out of the week for classes, it was still a plus that it was only a couple of minutes away from the school.

Hesitantly, she clicked on the email, quickly scanning its content. Isabel smiled as she read through it, giggling excitedly when she noticed the online tenant application attached at the bottom of the page.

Just as she went to screenshot it and send it to Gabbie, said girl approached her. "Gabbie, oh my gosh!" Isabel screamed once she saw her, shoving her phone into Gabbie's face.

Gabbie, clearly startled from the girls chaotic nature, took a step back to properly read what was on Isabel's phone. She gasped when she realized what it was insinuating before pulling Isabel into a bone crushing hug.

"Issie!" She squealed, the two of them jumping up and down. "Are we actually going to do this?"

"Do what?" Caitlin asked, finally breaking free of all the media attention. She had yet gotten the chance to go change, so she was still in her uniform.

"We got approved to apply for an apartment," Issie told her ecstatically, showing her the phone the same way she had just done Gabbie.

If they were to get the apartment they wouldn't be able to move in until Thanksgiving break, which was still another two weeks away. So, for the time being the two of them needed to sit down and discuss the important stuff, like financial matters. Not that they could see it being a big deal, the price of the apartment was relatively cheap and both of the girls have good income.

"You're moving out of the dorms?" Caitlin asked in surprise. This was the first she had heard about it, but she definitely wasn't against the two of them doing it. After all, if they were to get their own place she would be over there 90% of the time.

"Possibly," Isabel nodded, exiting out of her apps and slipping her phone into her back pocket. "We've been talking about it and the place I just showed you is only two blocks from campus."

"Good price, too," Gabbie added.

"Sweet," Caitlin smiled. "I'm gonna go change." Just as she was about to enter the tunnel, she turned back around, cupping her mouth to make her voice louder as she yelled at Isabel. "I'm riding with you, don't leave me!"

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞,
short update again lol
fixing to go lose a basketball
game! 😍😍😍