Chapter 3 - A Dismissive Ranking

“Off with your head!”

It was the redhead who properly caught the furball.

A red and black heart shaped collar wrapped around the cat’s throat, and a last flame spouted from his throat, before he was left bewildered on the ground. No fires bursted from his lips after. He’d become quite useless.

It was entertaining.

“MYAH! What’re ya doin???”

“Queen of Heart’s Rule 23: ‘One must never bring a cat to a formal affair.’ Your very presence here is a violation of order. You will vacate these premises immediately!”

Wow. Straight as an arrow. And yet looks gayer than a Lisa Frank sticker book.

“Cool it, buster. Ya caught him. Don’t need to be a bitch as well.”

Your oddly composed and uncaring demeanour was the first thing that the boy learned he didn’t like about you. A pretty face was worthless to him when backed by such a crass personality. And yet he was blushing.

Annoyed, and slightly embarrassed, the boy turned back to the fiery feline and he continued his scolding.

“Y/N! Was I not clear that you need to keep a handle on that unruly familiar of yours? This is entirely-”

“Not my cat.”

“...Oh. I see. Very well. I shall simply expel him from the campus.”

Crowley took the cat from the red haired boy and turned to face the student’s.

“Housewardens, please take your students to your do- Ah, say, has anyone seen the Diasomnia Housewarden?”

The white haired boy from before frowned, “Did anyone remember to invite him?”

All the present housewardens shared an awkward look.

A gorgeous boy with flowing shoulder-length blonde hair smirked, “If you were that worried about it, why not approach him yourself?”

The first boy chuckled nervously, “Well, I don’t really know him very well anyways…”

The room filled with a soft chatter. You heard the repetition of a single name; Malleus. The anticipation in the room was thicker than the Great Molasses Flood of 1919. The shock and nervousness that filled the room was almost entertaining–or at least, it would’ve been, if not for the fact that you were more worried about the fact that you were currently in a different dimension.

“Ah. Just as I'd expected. I figured I'd come down and see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance. But once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony.”

A deep voice came from the doors behind you. You moved to look at the source of it, and you were… mildly shocked.

I know this femboy ain’t the source of that voice. Nuh-uh. No way.

What a cutie though! Like, seriously! Although, you had to admit, you hadn’t seen a face you didn’t like yet. Regardless, you were in awe.

This guy was no taller than you. Black and pink hair cut in a bob. Round, cute eyes. How in the FUCK did bro sound like that?

“Oh well… I do hope he won’t sulk about this…”

“...Who?”

You had only mumbled the question, but everyone’s attention was automatically on you. They looked at you as if you were an alien–which you technically were.