Chapter 1.5 - Stranger Waking II

(A/N - So uh... I'm back. Ish. A little. Barely. Sorry. Someone I care about kinda unalived themselves two days after the release of the last chapter. I've been in no mood to write.)

The man ignored your words constantly. Whoever this... douchebag was, he sure wasn't making himself any better by disregarding what you were saying.

"The timespace teleportation must've addled your memories..."

"Excuse me the whAT-"

"Oh well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless."

"Mmmmmmmm is it though?" You mumbled that last statement. Something about this asshole told you actually saying that to him might get you punched.

You, Grim, and the unknown asshole began walking. You exited the magnificent library and walked through the courtyard as he explained what in the fuck he was talking about.

"*ahem* This is Night Raven College."

How... emo?

"It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrates a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland."

Twisted Whaa...? Okay, I'm definitely tripping drugs right now. I have to be. Or maybe I got drunk and blacked out again? I must be hallucinating.

"And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."

Excuse me, your name is wHAT-

"Wait, I'm sorry... Magic???"

"Indeed. Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college."

This has to be some kind of emo fever dream. Also, uhh... I don't have a "talent for magic"? My only magic skill is shitty card tricks.

"Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those 'gates', which can appear anywhere. A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you."

***

Clop Clop

"Hm?"

Clop Clop

"A... carriage?"

She was in the middle of the parking lot of her favorite coffee shop. And yet...

CRUNCH

***

"Come to think of it..."

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror. It too bears a gate that connects to this campus. And as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition."

The only places I've ever heard of doing THAT are schools for troubled kids. Real abusive places. Please say this isn't that...

"Now. Let us attend your orientation."

[Words: 426 - yes ik it's short af. The next chapter will be longer i promise lol]