Chapter Eleven

Familiar voices talking wake me up from my deep slumber. I open my eyelids and get blended by a bright light shining on me. Pain shoots through my head and down my spine. Where am I? What happened? I turn my head to the right and recognise Magneto and the Professor sitting there chatting.

"...it is still a pity.", I hear Magneto say.

"At least you all could escape fine and unharmed. We can find the other mutants anytime soon. When we are lucky, they know us and try to find us.", the Professor says in a quiet voice.

"What happened?" I manage to croak. Magneto and the Professor smile as they see me awake.

"You fell unconscious after you have crashed a jet.", Magneto replies in a calm tone.

"How are you feeling, Sofia?", the Professor wants to know. He is not angry at the fact that I crashed a jet. "I feel sore. My head and my back hurt terribly. Is everyone else okay?"

"Yes, everyone is fine. Just take a little nap and don't worry about anything. It will help your headache.", the Professor says. "Hank will take care of you. Good night."

"Good night." I whisper and my eyelids fall.

"I usually don't say such things but you deserve it. Thank you... Lady Polyglot.", Magneto whispers into my ear and with this both leave and I can sense Hank enter. I am too tired to talk to him and fall back asleep instead.

_________________________________________

Foreign thoughts are floating in my mind. I can sense that Rachel, Sorina and Lena are standing around me in silence. They don't dare to speak because they don't want to wake me up but their thoughts are louder than their voices sometimes.

"Hey Sofia.", Rachel whispers as I open my eyes slowly. "How are you?"

"Fine.", I croak. What is wrong with my voice?

"Good to hear. Do you need something?"

"I'm fine."

"I let Hank know that you are awake, okay?" Rachel teleports away and I look at the others. My head is still aching but it's better than... maybe a few hours ago? "What time is it?"

Lena checks her watch. "Seven to one in the afternoon."

I check out my environment. I was brought to the infimary. "What do you know about last night?" I whisper.

"Nothing really. We just know that you fell unconscious after the mission and landed here.", Sorina replies.

"But we know that you were successful, so congrats. You can tell us later about it if you like." Lena throws in.

Rachel reappears out of nothing like always. "I told him and he will come after lesson. Are you sure that you don't need anything?" I shake my head and try to keep my eyes open.

"You are tired because tons of painkillers are pumped into your bloodsystem. Hank wanted to get sure that you don't have to suffer from a too strong headache.", Rachel explains with a smile on her lips. This explains my dizziness and my tiredness.

"So bad, huh?", I wonder and she nods slightly.

"Shall we leave?"

"No, you can stay. Tell me something."

The three exchange a look. "Well... hm... our good old friend Magneto has recognised and embarrassed us in front of the others and now they think that we are part of the Brotherhood."

"God, why?"

"He thanked us for 'helping' him as he saw us in the hallway this morning. That's why we are part of the Brotherhood now."