5 - etho's statues - fluff

THEYRE LEAVING TOO MUCH BOAT BOYS CRUMBS ☹️☹️

Warning!! Spoilers for Joel's hc 10 ep 12!
Also don't mind if the timelines a little off I forgot alr 😭

No POV

Joel wasn't obsessed with Etho, no!

Why does everyone think that?! Joel would always think. It's more like the opposite.

Joel walked down to his Tori gate, planning to do a big terraforming project, when he noticed 2 statues at the front of the gate.

What in the bloody hell is that?! He thought, shocked by the sudden addition to his base.

He looked at the statues and they were statues of Etho. Both statues had an arm out, waving as they created a sort of arch with their waving arms.

Joel stared at it, dumbfounded.

<Smallishbeans> GEM!!!

Joel's POV - 3rd person

"Joel, I didn't build those! I have no reason to!" Gem exclaimed, laughing at the Etho statues. Joel fumed at her.

"Of course you have a reason to! You're obsessed with Etho!" Joel said, exaggerating as Gem inspected the waving statues.

"Me? Obsessed with Etho? Joel, have you met yourself?" Gem asked, cracking into laughter. Joel's cheeks flushed with red, looking away with crossed arms, grumbling, as the ginger laughed her heart out.

"I- doesn't matter! I'm not obsessed with him! Anyways, do you know who would do it?" Joel asked, half-shouting in embarrassment. "Well, I don't know, Joel, maybe Etho himself?" Gem answered, unimpressed.

"Hm, I guess it makes sense," Joel said, putting his hand under his chin. Gem rolled her eyes with a smile. "He did mail me this note too," Joel said, fumbling to give the book to Gem.

Earlier, after Joel discovered the statues, he decided to ignore it and walked back to his base to get materials. He walked by his mailbox to see that he had mail, so he checked it out; it was a note from Etho, saying that Joel was obsessed with him instead, for building those statues.

"Hm, weird," Gem replied after reading, Joel nodding. "Right? But I left him a little gift too," Joel said, raising his head with closed eyes in praise. "Oh yeah? Like what?" Gem replied, a smug smile on her face.

.
Joel immediately took down the statues, mining every single block. He quickly flew off to Etho, muttering something under his breath.

He finally approached Etho's base, a suspiciously similar theme they have in common. Joel landed on the pathway, opened his backpack, and got the statue's pieces out.

"This outta show him," Joel mumbled, trying to build the same exact statues that were outside his gate.

After he finished building it, he gave one final look, then headed back home. He quickly went to his mailbox to mail him a note that addressed the situation.

"Jeez, Etho, you're so obsessed with me," Joel smiled. Why am I smiling? He thought, looking up with a red face but shaking it off; he wasn't obsessed with Etho.
.

"Wow, Joel," Gem said, Joel still acting praised. "Yup, I know right. That'll teach him," Joel said, clasping his hands together.

Joel had been collecting some wood for a big terraforming project, humming to the music he was listening. "Joel!" Someone yelled, making him jump.

He turned around to see the person at fault, and of course Etho stood there. Ugh, his ugly mask and his ugly eyes, and his ugly hair, and his ugly personality, and his ugly voice, Joel thought, rolling his eyes at the taller man.

"Etho, you scared me!" Joel said, Etho smiling at him. "I've been calling you for like, 5 minutes. Not my fault," Etho said, putting his hands up. Joel calmed down.

"Sorry, I guess I don't really pay attention when I listen to music," Joel said, his voice getting quieter. "I could tell," Etho smiled meticulously, Joel's face wiped in shock and fear.

"Did- no, wait- d- did you hear me s- singing?!" Joel stammered, feeling the heat get to his face, springing backwards, farther from the white haired man. He merely nodded with such an evil smile.

"Oh my god, that's so embarrassing...," Joel muttered, gripping his head. "You weren't so bad, you sounded nice," Etho replied softly, loosening the grip on Joel's head. "I- I guess. I'm more of a drummer," Joel said, internally sighing of relief.

"Really? Would love to hear you someday," Etho replied sweetly, earning a slight blush from Joel. "Anyways, I saw you build those statues of me, what's the deal?" Etho asked innocently.

"Wha- what do you mean what's the deal?!" Joel half-shouted, fuming at Etho; Etho just continued to chuckle and laugh.

"I'm just kidding, I built them, of course. To be honest, it started because of the Joel XO thing," Etho said, shrugging. Joel perked up in curiosity.

"What 'Joel XO' thing?" Joel deadpanned. "Oh, so you didn't do it? Well, someone rearranged my shulker boxes and it said 'Joel XO', which mean hugs and kisses, so obviously I assumed it was you," Etho said, putting a hand on his chin, under his mask.

"I know what XO means, Etho," Joel smiled, rolling his eyes. "Well, yea, it wasn't me," Joel said, not sure what to say anymore.

"Oh, ok. Well, I guess I better get going?" Etho said, pointing a finger behind him. "Um, yea. Sure," Joel replied quietly. Why am I sad he's leaving? I'm not blumming obsessed with him! Joel thought, cursing at himself.

"Yup.. um. Bye," Etho said, unamused as if he was waiting for Joel to say something. And it worked.

"Wait, Etho," Joel choked out, forgetting about words as he said them. Etho stopped abruptly, and turned eagerly to Joel. "Yea?" Etho asked. Joel walked slowly towards Etho, taking a short amount of steps. They were so close, Joel's head looking up at Etho's eyes as Etho looked down at Joel's head.

After a few minutes, or seconds even, of silence, Joel has only gotten more and more flustered. He stared hard at those beautifu- evil, eyes of Etho's. Ah, fuck it...  Joel thought, harshly grabbing Etho's face on the sides and pulling him into a kiss. Joel closed his eyes hard in embarrassment, not wanting to look at the smiling, white haired man who has won. Etho was basically leaning onto Joel's touch, quickly adapting to the quick change.

Is embarrassment spelled correctly? I wrote this part on laptop even though i write on my phone so i don't have autocorect

They pulled apart, panting, Joel's hands on Etho's cheeks, Etho's covering Joel's hands, both staring at their eyes. Etho smirked. "Look who's obsessed now," he smiled, Joel fuming at him. "Ugh I am not!" said Joel.

"Are to."

"Are not!"

"Are to."

"Are not!"

"Are not."

"Are t- wait, I'm not falling for that trick," Joel humphed, crossing his arms and looking away. "Well I guess I outta get going now," Etho smiled, still laughing at his futile attempt.

"Enjoy my statues!" he waved, his voice getting quieter as he flew off. "I returned them to you!" Joel yelled angrily.

Joel sighed, picking up the leftover wood from the azalea trees as Etho was out of sight.

"Blumming idiot..."

-

1148 words

Nothin much to say but hopefully i'll be able to update as much as i would like ^^

I also would rly like to start another boat boys fic but i have no idea lol