1 - grian's friend - uncategorized

I decided to not write angst for once so have this
Also I kept changing the oneshot idea so it took me so long to post this 😭

-

Etho's POV - 3rd person

"Who are we waiting for again?" Etho asked, waiting with Scar in his living room.

"We're waiting for Grian. We're going to the mall together, remember?" Scar replied with a teasing tone. "Well, yea, but also, why do I need to be with you?" Etho asked again, confused as to why he does need to go with Scar and Grian.

"Well... for moral support, I guess. Also we can just hang out too!" Scar exclaimed, thinking for a good answer. Etho rolled his eyes with a smile behind his mask. "Well you and Grian are just gonna flirt all day, so it'll look like I'm 3rd wheeling," Etho said.

"Actually, I knew you would say that, so Grian is bringing one of his friends with us. So we'll have a full car!" Scar said. "Get it? Because you would be a 3rd wheel but Grian's friend would be a 4th? Eh?" Scar said, acting all giddy and excited about his joke. "Mhm...," Etho hummed, chuckling at Scar's reaction.

The doorbell rang and a few taps on the door, signaling that someone was outside. "Coming!" Scar yelled, quickly getting up and running towards the door. Etho grabbed his stuff and followed in his own pace.

Their voices started getting louder as Etho walked nearer, words becoming clearer.

Ew that rhymed

He saw Grian kissing and laughing with Scar, but saw another guy behind Grian, probably an inch or 2 taller than him*, and Grian was REALLY short.

*'him' is talking about Grian, so Joel is still shorter than Etho <3

Scar peered over his shoulder to find Etho, then smiled. "As you know, this is Etho!" Scar said, presenting Etho to Grian and the guy. "Hello," Etho greeted, making a slight, awkward wave.

"This is Joel, one of my friends," Grian smiled, looking towards Joel. "Sup," he simply responded, acknowledging their presence.

Joel wore a white shirt with romantic sleeves, puffing up near the end of it. He had a brown button up vest and his shirt draped over his waist, a brown belt over it. He had white pants with brown socks and black boots; he almost dressed like a pirate in a way. He had chocolate brown hair with matching eyes, a kelly green streak on his bangs, wrapping to the back of his head.

He also had thin antennas, small, green wings matching his antennas flickering on his back. He's kinda cute... what? Etho, you just met him, Etho thought, mentally cursing himself.

"Let's go?" Scar asked, the others nodding their heads. They all decided to used Scar's car, Scar driving and Grian on gunshot. Etho and Joel sat in the back.

Scar drove towards the mall, talking happily to Grian at the same time. Etho sat awkwardly with Joel.

"Soooo... Etho, right?" Joel said, deciding to be the first to talk. Etho nodded. "Did Scar force you to come along too?" Joel asked, snorting a bit. Etho chuckled and nodded. "Grian forced you?" He asked, Joel nodding with a smile.

"So what 'cha gonna do there?" Joel asked, Etho thinking. "Hmm, probably 3rd wheel and take pictures of Scar and Grian. They'd probably like that," Etho said unsure, shrugging. "Well, I can 3rd wheel with you! Except use it as blackmail instead," Joel smiled, an innocent glint in his eyes (despite what he said).

Etho smiled, feeling his face getting warm, his mask covering it. His smile is so cute, he thought, watching Joel's face.

"Etho? Helloooo?" Joel asked, waving a hand in front of Etho, who snapped to attention. "O-oh, sorry, spaced out," Etho chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.