✯𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓼𝓸 𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓵✯

𝓡𝓸𝓭𝓮𝓸 𝓐𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓪, 𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪
𝓼𝓲𝔁-𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓹.𝓶.

Alexis had checked Chick's bit over and over again, making sure it was secure and making sure her saddle was solid to where neither she nor Chick could get hurt during the ride. Tonight was a big night for her and she was risking nothing.

She stepped away from her horse for a moment to find Waylon leaving Chick tied up at her trailer. When she found Waylon he was at the concession stand trying to talk his way into a free burger from Lefty, the usual cook for these rodeos and the town's local diner. He finally managed one after a while and smiled seeing Alexis.

"Hey, doll! You ready to ride," He asked cheerfully shoving a big bite of burger into his mouth as if it was the only meal he'd had in days.

Alexis smiled back with a nod as she stole one of his fries, "Yep-- You ready to see dust?" She said cheekily with a chuckle as Waylon looked hurt as he realized she took a fry.

Before Waylon could respond Candy shop by 50 cent started playing, this ride and then Alexis was on. She had to go. She snatched one last fry from Waylon before she started walking away, "Bye Hun! See ya after my ride thanks for the fries!" She said with a laugh before she started running to get on Chick.

By the time she got back to Chick the announcer was stating the riders time and performance, she didn't have time to do a final check on the horses Tac, it was fine wasn't it? No one would've messed with Chick would they? No, people weren't like that around here.

Bocephus began playing over the loud speaker and Alexis knew she best start riding unless she wanted a penalty so she started off. The saddle felt loose but maybe she was just feeling things.

She started off the first barrel and the bit came loose, she was hesitant but went around the second barrel just as fast as the first, her saddle shifted. What the Hell was happening? She circled the last barrel, chick knocked it over and the saddle turned to Chick's side as Alexis fell off hitting her head on the barrel. Chick stumbled stepping on Alexis before she fell herself.

_______________________________________

Alexis woke up with her head pounding. The room was too white, the lights too bright, the beeping too loud, and the Humm of machines too much for her to handle in the moment. Her arm stung and her legs were numb.

"Alexis," she heard her name being called out faintly, "Alexis, c'mon say something Doll"

It was Waylon, "..hmm? Where am i..?" She muttered weakly trying to pick up her head but failing miserably.

"Hey--Easy Al, don't move to fast," Waylon sighed looking at Alexis sympathetically. "You fell off Chick, hit your head on the barrel going down. Someone messed with your Tac hun' it wasn't pretty watchin' ya like that"

Alexis just let out a small moan of pain shifting her head to the side so that the light wasn't too bright in her eyes. She glanced at the machines which were displaying her vitals which all looked pretty normal. Her IV was full of a saline solution and she knew she was most likely pumped up on pain medicine.

"You broke your arm, almost broke your legs too but you just tore some ligaments, they did surgery on your knee--and you have a concussion," Waylon said trying to break the awkward silence which held tension.

Alexis stayed silent a moment before she started, "Whata...whatabout chick..?"

Alexis was talking with a slur, she was almost unconprehendable but when you've known Alexis all your life, you can understand her whenever she says anything.

Waylon sighed shaking his head, "Alexis, it's just a damn horse. You're hurt way worse than that horse is."

Alexis just shot him a glare and repeated herself, "Whata' 'bout Chick?"

Waylon cursed under his breath. This woman was too concerned about her animals to even care about herself. "She's fine. Just rolled an ankle Vet got it wrapped up and nice gave me some medicine and said she shouldn't be ridden for about 6 months atleast"

Alexis just stared at the machines staying silent, atleast her horse would be okay. The best thing she could do is rest herself and let Chick rest aswell.

"Doctor wants you to rest for two weeks, no feeding animals like you usually do, I'll help with that--and no riding or heavy lifting until your arm and leg heal up right," Waylon knew the doctor didn't say the stuff about the animals but he didn't want Alexis hurting herself anymore than she already had.

Word count- 802