✭𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓼✭

𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓬𝓴 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻, 𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓸 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪.
9:30 pm

Dust flew around in the air, the floodlights shining through the thick dust illuminating the bleachers and arena. Eyes were on Waylon Ryker Bridger, but he wasn't focused on that. His free hand stayed in the air, his other gripping the rope tightly keeping him steady on the viscious bull, bucking vigorously. He had another five seconds before the buzzer sounded. Five seconds, which seemed to be ticking by like hours.

The crowd roared as the eight seconds approached. Waylon looked put into the crowd. Alexis was nowhere in sight. She said she'd be there to see him, but where was she?

Waylon looked back at the ticking clock.

3

2

1

The buzzer went off. 8 seconds had been met. He gripped the rope tighter as the bull, spooked by the alarm, started bucking more. Thank heavens Waylon decided to wear his padding today.

The timer was at 10.01 seconds when Waylon went flying off the bull, hitting the ground with a lound 'thud', and red dirt flew up around him. The bull was still bucking, and a couple of men on horses were throwing roped at it, leading it back through to gates as he stood up and brushed himself off. He was fine.

He left through the gates, leaving to where the horses were kept. If Alexis wasn't in the crowd, she was in the stables tending to her blue roan, Chick. Well, chick was just her barn and announcement name since it was easier than announcing.'And up next, we have Alexis Jade Smith riding Threepcchickennugget.' The logic behind the horses name? It was what Alexis ate before she got Chick. A Three piece chicken nugget.

Alexis was brushing Chick and getting her saddled for her upcoming turn at barrels. Barrels started after Waylons' performance. Alexis would be the 5th barrel racer in the lineup tonight. Her walk out song? 'All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight' by Hank Williams Jr. Specifically, the part at the very beginning that goes, "I got ketchup on my blue jeans, I just burnt my hand. Lord, it's hard to be a bachelor man. I got girls that can cook, I got girls that can clean, and I got girls that can do anything in between. I got to get ready, make everything right, 'Cause all my rowdy friends are comin' over tonight. "

Alexis looked up from chick but kept brushing her coat. "I heard the buzzer before the end of your ride. You made it past 8 seconds today?" She said jokingly, wanting to tease Waylon, her best friend since before middle school.

"Ha ha, very funny threepcchickennugget," Waylon retorted, chuckling slightly while walking over to Alexis, leaning against the stable wall.

No matter how much he used it against her, he was never going to let her live down naming her horse threepcchickennugget. A famous barrel horse pedigree all through its blood line, with the name threepcchickennugget.

"How long did ya stay on tonight?" Alexis asked, reaching for her saddle blanket, placing it on Chick's back.