⁛𝓑𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻-𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼⁛

𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝔂, 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪
𝓼𝓲𝔁-𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓪.𝓶

Alexis was feeding her horses making sure that each one had its needs met, brushing each one's coat, and picking the gunk out of their hooves to make sure her horses remained in their best health. It was her daily ritual since she had gotten her first horse when she was twelve. She still had the horse, it was old now though, and wasn't what he had used to be.

She started brushing the old horse with a soft hum as she did. She loved the horse's chocolate coat and how gentle the giant was, how he always had an air of calmness to him. He was soothing in all ways possible--well to her at least.

The horse was so captivating that she hadn't realized Waylon had entered the barn and was standing next to her. Not until she bumped into him.

She jumped slightly when she bumped into him giving him a surprised look. "Waylon?" She muttered confused, to say the least.

"Guess what I got us," He smiled widely at her pausing a few seconds until Alexis simply cocked her head to the side. He knew that was an invitation to finish his words. He produced two tickets from his front pocket with a wide, goofy grin "We can go watch the NFR like you always wanted to"

Alexis stayed silent for a moment looking at Waylon. She didn't move or speak. She froze up in shock and eagerness.

"What are ya' waitin' for doll? Get your stuff together. We gave an eight-hour ride to make," He was smiling ear to ear by now. "Duke 'ell be fine I swear, we can get your sister down here to take care of him while we're gone if you want to"

"Waylon--I don't know what to say," she finally muttered as she found words.

"Then don't say anything and get your ass in the house so you can start packing. We're gonna have to stay the night in Vegas," He said giving her a cocky smirk. As he pulled Alexis with him into her house. "C'mon don't be a loser Al" He chuckled.

Alexis gave him a soft smile as she started to walk beside him so he wasn't dragging her. "Thanks, Bridge I owe ya one now."

"Yeah? Be happy about this and you've repaid me," He winked as he finally reached the house so she could pack.

_______________________________________

"You think Abigail will remember to feed my babies," Alexis muttered looking at Waylon slightly worried as they walked into the Thomas & Mack Center on the campus of the University.

'God were at the nationals and she's still worried about her damn animals' Waylon thought as he sighed giving Alexis a reassuring but annoyed look. "Yes. She'll remember."

Alexis didn't seem relieved but she calmed herself down, "Yeah, she knows how much I love them...she won't let anything happen to them" she mumbled to herself.
_______________________________________

It was loud and only getting louder as the crowd grew excited over the bull riders getting knocked off and struggling to stay on for the required eight seconds. Waylon had a smirk on his face the whole time they watched.

"I bet when I make it here I can make bull riding look easy," He smirked looking at Alexis who wasn't even paying attention. She was trying to see if she could spot the barrel racers and bronc riders so she could see the horses.

Waylon gave her a shove which seemed to get her attention "No I'm not hungry" She muttered only to get a glare from Waylon.

"That's not even close to what I said," He chuckled, "I said I bet when I make nationals, I make bull riding look easy"

"Yeah, cause you make it look so easy now," Alexis laughed rolling her eyes before she paused. She saw a horse.

"You're like a deer in headlights seeing horses. You see them everyday doll, what makes these so special?" Waylon was teasing her now.

She just shot him a glare and he put his hands up I surrender with an innocent smile plastered to his face. Then, the announcer made it known the barrel racers were about to begin after a short break. Waylon saw the light in Alexis's eyes brighten as she gained a new sparkle of excitement.

(Word count--733)