-Chapter 6-

~Ashby~

"You've been very naughty, little bird." Everestt mummers over my lips while resting his forehead on mine. With Everestt being this close it takes me back to our encounter in the bathroom at the gala. I can smell his natural musk mixed with a fiery woodsy scent. The heat radiating from his steel body warms up my shivering one. His hand on my arm goes to snake around my waist pulling me close to him. And then follows his once gentle hand that caressed my scar. To now a calloused grip wrapped around my throat.

My hands pull on his wrist to try and pry his hand off. But the more pressure I apply the harder he squeezes. I failed at my own rule I made up. Lesson one: always have your guard up whenever Everestt is around. But I foolishly gave into his warm touch against the cold that has been clawing at me today. Still holding his iPhone I quickly type out something.

I've done nothing wrong, you're the one who's been naughty.

Everestt reads what I wrote, and his eyes go from a burning anger, to a gaze full of lust. His full lips curl into that smile. That same smile I saw after I accidentally hit him. "Do you want me to be naughty, little bird? Because only bad girls get punished; and you have not been behaving like my good girl today."

His good girl? I want to gag at his comment because what the hell did I do? I didn't do anything except trust the wrong person, and ended up practically naked, with him groping me. Standing in the middle of the room I look for ways I can leave. If I can hit his knee without doing serious damage he'd fall and- "There's no use in trying to fly away from me again little bird."

Everestt tightens his hand around my throat making me look at him as he slowly deprives me of the sweet oxygen. He leans down to whisper in my ear and his breath sends an electric chill down my spine. "Or do I need to cut your pretty wings to show you who you belong to?"

"Fuck you." I mouth out and sign with my free hand. "Oh, my cock will be in your tight cunt soon. Just not today." My eyes bulged out of my head at his vulgar language. He's a delusional psychopath if he thinks that I will ever sleep with him. And yet at his words a shameful throbbing sensation beats between my legs.

Everestt takes his phone from me and puts it in his back pocket. He grabs both my wrists in each hand. I struggle in his hold trying to break free. I'm forgetting everything that Hunter taught me about self defense. I'm always too afraid to fight back because being still makes whatever happens hurt less. But after this morning and being here with Everestt. I want to embrace the pain and for once fight back.

I attempt to move back from him creating some space between us. His grip on my wrist tightened pulling me flushed to his chest. I whimper feeling my nerves go off from my already hurt wrist. He smiles at my pained expression and hopeless struggling. He's getting off on my fight.

I stop moving and stare deep into his eyes. I tilt my chin up, straightening my back. I'm deeply terrified, still shaken from everything that happened this morning. Tears want to fall but I blink them away. Everestt smirks and accepts the defiance in my eyes. He moves my wrist in one hand to grab my throat. Before he can I close my eyes tight, lean my head forward, and with all my might I headbutt him.

A pain radiates in my forehead knocking off my equilibrium. Everestt lets go of me, releasing a loud groan. I use this time to run away, but I stagger a bit as I move. I make it to the door and I grab the handle opening it. I see the nice hallway appear and walk towards my freedom. Swiftly a hand grips the back of my hair spreading a pain to my skull. One second I'm standing on concrete close to my freedom. Then the next my back is laying on a cold bench.