-Prolouge-

10 years earlier

Green

A deep green is what stares back at me reminding me of a beautiful forest filled with different trees that all tell a different story. But most of all a comfort that says home.

But now that hope for a home is becoming a memory that I never had as red replaces it. A burning sensation of intense hot lava digs into my throat making me want to scream aloud. But my voice seems to be lost in this searing deep red spilling out from my mouth.

"No, no, no. Don't go to sleep please!"

The green eyes are pleading out telling me to stay and that's all I want. I'm fighting to but as more red covers me I feel myself slipping further and further away from my home.

My small hand pushes down on my throat only making me whimper feeling a big gash preventing me from crying out of this excruciating pain. But it's no use as more red slips through my helpless hands. Small arms cradle my body to protect me from the chaos that is about to come back and claim us.

"I'm so sorry, please don't leave me. Please."

He pleads with desperation crying out looking down at me with worry and fear I never knew someone could have. I grab ahold of his small hand with my free one squeezing it with all my might reassuring him I'll be okay. Tears land on my cheek seeing them fall from his eyes that are now breaking my heart.

I try not to slip away but I feel death gripping me tight. The only reason I'm still here is because I promised I'd never leave my home for the one that has protected and cared for me since I've been here. But sadly I feel that I'm going to break that promise.

"Forgive me." The voice I've grown to know chokes out with more sorrow and guilt.

More blood pours out of my mouth making me choke on the bitter copper taste. I gasp for air but it barely enters my lungs. Red runs down my throat covering my chest, burning my body with hot intense searing pain. Even my own tears won't dull out the burning sensation. The comforting arms wrap around me tighter, rocking us back and forth. His forehead leans on mine to let me know I'm not alone. If my last moments are going to be of this then I am glad I have a sense of safety before I slip away forever.

"No she's mine! She's safe with me, it's all your fault! You'll only hurt her more!"

His gentle grip becomes tight holding onto me refusing to give me up to someone that I know is dangerous. My body is pulled closer to the one that I don't want to let go of. But it doesn't last as I'm suddenly ripped away from him.

I open my eyes and see I'm in another set of arms with cold, sadistic eyes of death staring down at me. Making my body go completely still. I reach my hand out to the one that I want to hold me. Only to see two grown men holding down his arms and legs securing him to the dirty concrete.

I try calling his name not caring about the pain, just wanting him back. But a choking sound is all I can make, causing more blood to escape from my lips. His small body is thrashing on the ground struggling in the scary men's arms. I flinch seeing him get punched in the ribs to make him stop moving but he ignores it all only trying to get to me. I whimper as more tears fall down my face seeing all of the pain they're making him suffer through because of me.

He screams out so loud that it can make a hurricane seem like a tack hitting the ground. Tears pour out of his eyes begging to be released but we both know it's not going to happen. The more he cries the farther away I realize I am getting. Suddenly it all stops as one of the big scary men stomps on his face making him go limp. A final tear falls down my cheek as I gaze into his green eyes before they close knowing I will never see them again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 734