Chapter 2

My mind swarms through the day people everywhere and all of who seemed to have something better to be then at the place known as Rightington High school. I could agree tho. The school was subpar. Nearly not having large enough classrooms for everyone!

I dig through my Levi black hoodie for my keys as I watch the hurried students rush around me. Some jumping into cars pulling up others running to the parking lot like life depended on it.

I myself don't see the need to rush out of here. My bedroom isn't going to move or be demanding my attention. Besides copper will be okay for a couple more minutes if I'm late. I readjust my glasses pulling out my small sudans car keys.

Time to go home.

I look both ways before crossing the busy Canuck up line. I weave in and out of the maze of parked and leaving car to mine in the very back. It's soft grey different from the burning red of the car next to me. Tho the girl climbing in the red car had the loveliest shade of blonde. It wasn't dirty messy blonde but it wasn't white either.

I catch myself staring for too long long before I duck my head and unlock my Sudan and tossing my stuff into the back seat. I shut the back door before walking to the front my eyes connect with the pretty blondes and I give her a soft smile before climbing into the driver's side.

I wonder what her name is...

I shake my head putting my key on the ignition as the soft scent of cherry blossoms fills my nose. I smile setting my phone in the cupholder before putting the vehicle in drive.

The hardest part on my way home was school traffic and people insane lack of wheel control on the highways. Thankfully soon enough I'm pulling into the small house my parents rent out. It seemed like something out of a fair tale. It was a soft white cottage with thousands of spring plants planted around it. A large willow tree out in the front yard that has a wooden swing attached to it followed by stepping stones to a small pond.

Classy.

I turn off my car grabbing my bag. No one is home yet meaning I get the house to myself! I smile as I scoot out before shutting my door and walking up to the small porch where the dog laid half dead in sleep as he snores loudly.  "Good job gaurd dog." I mutter as I slip the key into the lock twisting to open the white door with a bright green wreath hanging on it.

Mothers doing no doubt considering Easter is around the corner.

I shake my head stepping inside the spell of cleaner hits me like a truck. I guess the cleaners came by. My eyes flick around the main room. Couches where once again a soft grey and their cushions seemed to look inviting from this far away.  I shake my head. No. I have home work to do. I figure walking around the corner and down the hall pushing my bedroom door open.

A meow meets me as I walk in and set all my stuff down. I look around for the source of the sound my eyes finding the large black ball of fur with the biggest green eyes. "Hi coop" I smile walking to him.

"How was your nap?" I ask petting his soft fur before laying down next to him. He rolls to his stomach stretching out. Sometimes it amazes me this cat is so big. He literally takes up half the bed stretched this far out. I rub his belly as he starts to purr.

I smile kicking off my shoes to get fully on my bed. I reach above my for my book shelf pulling down one of my favorite books a court of mist and fury by the best author known to man Sarah's J. Mass. The author that inspired me to start writing my own novels. Tho mine are nowhere near as enhancing or addictive as her own. But it's a goal to strive for.  Is flip to the last page I was on. I must say as much as I love Feyre and Rhys Azreals character always catches my attention. Just something about him and how much he seems to be over looked I can relate to it .

I comb a hand through Coopers fur as I read letting the days stress pass through. Slowly my eyes start to drop before I'm out like a light.

Author note:

Well well well SHES A SARAH J MASS FAN!!! 😘🥰

Comment you favorite Sarah J Mass book!

Mine is probably either court of thorns and roses or.::. Wing and ruins... idk they all are so good!

If not a Sarah J Mass fan who's your favorite authors/ books?

Like follow comment enjoy the story!

Thank you all for reading!

Lots of love!

-E.G