Strange Feeling (China x North Korea)

*North Korea POV*

I looked out the window to see zombie-like figures walking the streets. Lots of military personnel, as they are required to wear their uniforms. As are school children. My country seems to love uniforms. I can't say the same. I like being able to choose what I wear each day so having to wear the same blah uniform every day gets tiring.

Fortunately, I somewhat get to choose what I wear to UN meetings. My government doesn't like pictures of people in the military (or pictures of me, for that matter) so they let me wear something different so I'm not in a uniform, even though I'm technically in the military nonetheless. Usually I wear a dark navy trench coat with black jeans, so I look somewhat professional and not like shit, but under it I can wear whatever I want. It's my little form of rebellion against my government. One time I wore a Sailor Moon shirt under my coat. Obviously, I'd never admit it if you asked.

In all honesty, I really don't like how my country turned out. Sure, every countrymaster should just adore their country, but I truly hate mine. All I wanted was for it to be communist, that's all. Somehow, I got roped into a dictatorship and have no way of getting out of it. Despite my (and Soviet's) efforts to convince my government to go a different way, they refuse. So now, I'm stuck in this hellhole that I technically created with everyone living in it hating me because they think I want this. If only they knew the truth.

I snapped out of my thoughts as my suitcase became too full to close.
"Crap." I thought, "Need to smush it a little."
I tried to compact my clothing and business papers as best I could, but ultimately had to take some things out.

I was packing for another UN meeting. This one would be taking place in Beijing so it wouldn't be too long of a flight there. You're probably confused as to how I'm going to a UN meeting as my country doesn't hold a seat on the Security Council. Well, lately my country has starting making me go to them to discuss missiles and such. I don't mind. I like getting out of the country, even if only for a small amount of time. Though, I always feel nervous about the people I leave behind knowing I can't stop them from getting hurt now.

"Uhm," I heard a voice from behind me. I quickly snapped my head behind to look at whoever it was. It was a young-ish boy in a military uniform. "Your plane is ready."
I slowly nodded, "Yes, thank you."

His face was slightly contorted after I said that, before muttering an 'Of course' and speedily walking away. I understood why. I was one of the only few people of a higher status that thanked others when they did something. That's just how it is here.

With the now less full, and zipable, suitcase, I went out to my plane where I was greeted by another military officer.
"Good luck on your trip, Sir."
Instead of saying thank you, I just nodded. I didn't want to say thank you as there were other people watching and didn't want them to think anything badly of me or the human so I just did what every other government person does.

A little more than two hours later, I landed in Beijing. It was a beautiful, but very busy city. Most other countries get a ride to the UN meeting in advance, but I can't really do that from Pyongyang, so I usually just get a taxi or something. The drivers of them always look concerned when I step in due to my country and the fear it provokes in everyone.

This driver was no different.
His face was a mix of anger, confusion and disbelief.
"Can you take me to the capital building?"
"Uh, sure..."

You're probably confused again. Well, sometimes UN tries to be "inclusive" and do meetings in countries that don't have a UN building, so this time it's in China's capital building. I really love it when we do it here because then I get to see China more since he doesn't have to rush to the airport for his flight.