An Old Friendship (Britain, Hawaii)

Trigger Warning: Mentioned Abuse and Racism

*Britain POV*

What a waste of my Saturday. A UN meeting. I could've slept in, played with my corgis, annoyed my sister Wales, but no. We just had to have a meeting at 8am sharp to talk about how the world is practically ending before our own eyes. UN says "If things are to progress in a much more negative way, make sure to spend the rest of it happily and not in vain." Two things:
One, creepy.
Two, if he wants us to spend it "happily" then why didn't he let us stay home?

I looked around the meeting room and saw lots of uninterested faces, faces scrolling on what I'm guessing is Twitter, and some people sleeping. Lucky. My wife France seemed very annoyed too. She hates meetings as much as I do, maybe more, and that's saying a lot.

"Hey. Britain," my eldest brother Ireland said, while nudging me.
"What?"
"I'm hungry, did you sneak any food in?"
"No, go get your own."
"I know you did, Britain."
"No, I'm starving, get your own."
"AHEM."

We both looked over to see a particularly unhappy face of UN's staring right back at us.
"Care to tell us what you were talking about?" No.
"I was hungry, that's all," Ireland said.
UN sighed then went back to what he was saying.
"As I was saying, we're going to try something new for the next meeting. Most of the time when we have meetings, they take place in capitals or the largest city in the country. Next time, however, our meeting will take place in Honolulu, the capital of the state of Hawaii."

When he said that, I immediately looked up. From the corner of my eye, I saw France and Russia do the same thing. Me and France were trading partners with Hawaii when she was a country and so was Russia's grandfather, Russian Empire.

"Why now? Why change things this time?" The question came from one of my [many] sons, Jamaica. He always hated change.
"I want to be more inclusive. She used to be a country, also, so it's about the same. Just different as she's a former country."
"Right, so when you have meetings in my capital, it's like a meeting in the USSR but not," said Russia.
"NO-"

______________

A Week Later

______________

*still Britain POV*

Why do we have so much stuff? Me and France have filled at least four bags of what we both believe to be "essentials" for our trip to Hawaii. My brother England begs to differ. He's now going through our bags and pulling out/complaining about everything he finds to be excessive.

"I can't believe I thought my brother was more annoying than yours," said my dear, dear, wife.
"You hadn't known them long enough. They're nice from the outside, but assholes on the inside."
"Love you too, you twat," said England. "Alright, this should be good enough. Now get out, you've got a flight to catch." And with that, we were on our way to meet our old friend of whom we hadn't talked to in years.

I couldn't help but be nervous to see her again. We'd barely talked after the overthrow of her monarchy, and only in meetings after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. She'd always seemed angry or stiff on the outside, but I knew that was just so people wouldn't try and baby her as they used to.
I remember when I was talking with Russian Empire once, and he ever so casually called her a "male-wannabe, should just stay in the kitchen."
I've always felt bad for her about it, especially knowing how my wife gets called things like that too. She doesn't have anyone to defend her as well, like a partner, because she's in-
Blegh. I'm rambling again.

I miss her so much.
I can't wait to see her again.

_________________