Signing of an Alliance (Byzantine x Mongol)

*Byzantine Empire POV*

The golden tinted paper gleamed in front of me as Mongol stared me down. He shouldn't have been doing that, especially since this was supposed to be a signing of an alliance, but I didn't want to risk anything by pointing it out. His leader probably told him to do so, just like my leader told me to dress fancily. 

From what I'd heard, both of our leaders had agreed to this alliance, so now it was up to me and Mongol. Actually, it was just me now. Mongol Empire had already signed it in sloppy letters, obviously written quickly. I didn't really want to sign it, especially since they'd invaded some time ago. But, if it were to protect my citizens, I'd do it.

The paper lightly scratched as I signed my name. In big, bold letters, my country's name fully displayed:
𝓑𝔂𝔃𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓔𝓶𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓮

"Well, that settles it then. I suppose I'll be on my way," Mongol Empire said without a second thought.
"Wait! Surely we are to have some sort of celebration for this alliance, right?"
"Ew, why?"

I stared at him for a minute to see if he was joking. He just stared back with the most blank face I've ever seen.
"Sure, sure, my people like to do that, but I don't. I prefer to... y'know.. Sleep."
First time I've ever heard that. Most people I've met love to party way into the night and drink to their heart's desire.

"I-I suppose sleep is important..."
"Yes. Goodnight, Byzantine," he said as he walked out the door.
"Wha- HOLD ON!" I said as I chased him through the halls. I'd only seen him on horses going fast, but apparently he was a fast sprinter too. Maybe he should go to Athens sometime, I'm sure they'd like to race him there.

Mongol suddenly stopped, not giving me nearly enough time to stop and therefore smacked right into him sending both of us flying for the floor. Once I opened my eyes, I realized I was on top of him, with my legs spread-eagle.

I know there were rumors about me being a queer person, but they weren't exactly true. Weren't false either, but how would I tell my citizens that?

"Aww. You're falling for me~"
"S-shut up, you bastard. Help me up."
He pushed me off, making me roll over into none other than my Emperor.

Mongol gasped, and mouthed 'Sorry' at me as my dear old Emperor berated me for how I made him dirty by touching him. Bitch acts like an angel to everyone except me.

Once he left, Mongol gently tapped me on the shoulder and apologized for pushing me into him.
"I understand what it's like to have a, uhm, ruler who's not very kind to you..."
"You do?"
"Yeah, mine doesn't care about me and... prefers me to be elsewhere when he's around.."
"I'm sorry about that, Mongol.."

"It's fine. I am actually tired, can we go to my quarters?"
"Of course," I replied, trying to be as nice as I could. "Might I ask.. Why do you get tired so early? You said you don't even go to parties because of it."
"I'm not entirely sure.. I was in a battle, head got hit really hard, then I just couldn't stay awake as long without getting extremely tired."

I hummed in response, and let us walk to his room in a peaceful silence. He seemed exhausted by the time we got to his room, so as soon as he laid down, he fell asleep. I gently pulled the covers over him, trying not to wake him up.
I was about to leave, when something told me to stay. I looked behind and saw Mongol with his eyes barely open.
"Could you, uh, stay for a little bit? Just a few minutes..?" He said tiredly.

I smiled and laid under the sheets with him, putting my arm under his head for support. He fell asleep almost immediately, looking incredibly peaceful as he slept.
I gave him a small peck on the cheek before saying,
"Good night, my dear."

I didn't even notice as I drifted off to sleep that Mongol smiled.

__________________

heeee I love gay fluff

I hope you guys enjoyed that! I don't usually see stories about older countries so I thought I might as well try and make one.

If you have any requests (which would be great, my brain has been mush on oneshot ideas) just let me know!
Have a good day!

farewell~
-written-by-an-idiot

720 words