Chapter 10

After wandering across the woodland area together, the tied-up Y/N and Ruby are greeted with a decent-sized meadow filled with trees and bushes. Briefly, Y/N just groans.

Y/N: "Ugh, yet another open field."

Ruby: "Hehe, well... at least the view is breathtaking."

Y/N: "Considering the many places we see, this is probably one of the more normal-looking fields we come across."

Female Announcer: "Aww, thanks. I work really hard."

But Y/N retorts back to the bodiless voice.

Y/N: "That was not a compliment to you."

Ruby: "Anyway, we should keep moving."

Y/N: "Right, right."

They continue to march onward through the meadow as they discuss with one another about the possibility of another tag battle they may end up getting involved with. Especially if the opponent has a keystone of their own.

Y/N: "You want us to do a sneak attack?"

Ruby: "No, not a sneak attack. More like grab their keystone before they even realize it."

Y/N: "I see. Makes sense since some of the contestants aren't keen on following the rules to a T."

Ruby: "Aren't we the same though?"

Y/N: "Pft, please. They attack us first. It's only right we retaliate back. Otherwise, they could've beaten us up or even murdered us if we're not too careful."

???: "Did someone say 'murder'?"

The two immediately turn their focus to a man wearing a suit, leaning against a large tree close by. 

This catches them off guard for a bit, not expecting to encounter someone so soon

Ruby: "U-Uhm who are you?"

The man just casually gets up from his spot as he replies while scratching the back of his head.

Adachi: "The name's Adachi. And I was just enjoying my nice quiet nap until a couple of kids chatting away disrupt it."

Ruby: "Oh, uhm, sorry about that."

Y/N: "..."

Y/N, however, stares intently at the man. Almost immediately, he could tell that there's something off about this man, almost similar to when he interacted with Hazama. Taking a step forward, the man just shrugs.

Adachi: "Eh, don't be. As much of a pain to admit, I'm used to having my relaxation interrupted by someone or by something. Especially by some 'familiar' faces around here."

Y/N: "What? There are some people here you know?"

Adachi: "Sadly, yes. But unlike them, I choose to be by my lonesome."