Chapter 7

After what felt like minutes of just traveling and walking past a small treeline, Team RWBY+Y/N plan to cross a fairly large river.

Ruby: "Let's get across."

They nod in agreement as their fearless leader walks over to it. Swiftly, Ruby uses her semblance to practically fly above it. Weiss uses a couple glyphs to hop over it and land beside the team leader. Blake leaps on top of the river, using a shadow clone to propel herself forward and land safely across. Yang just uses her Ember Celica to shoot the ground in order to launch herself through the river. The only teammate remaining is the entangled Y/N. Seeing this with her teammates, Weiss loudly asks with her rapier in hand.

Weiss: "Are you ready. Y/N?!"

Quickly backing away a good few meters, Y/N yells back.

Y/N: "Ready!"

Focusing herself, the heiress summons a purple glyph in Y/N's path as he rushes over to his original spot. The moment he stands on top of the glyph, he immediately gets launched over the river.

Blake: "My turn."

In a swift motion, Blake uses her Gambol Shroud's kusarigama and throws it at one of his legs, ensnaring it as she pulls him towards Yang's direction.

Yang: "I got him!"

With her arms outward, the blonde bombshell manages to catch Y/N from the air, barely moving from her spot.

Y/N: "Thanks."

Yang: "No problem, babe. Told you I got you."

The blonde places him down on the ground as Blake retracts her kusarigama back to her hand as she puts her weapon away. With a smile, Ruby comments.

Ruby: "Good work, team."

Sighing briefly, Weiss speaks up.

Weiss: "That was a bit more difficult than I thought."

Blake: "It's not like there's any bridge or pathway for us to cross."

Yang: "Climbing up a hill is much easier than crossing a river."

Y/N: "Yeah, that's true. Most of the time we only see open fields more than anything else."

Female Announcer: "Oh don't be like that. There's plenty of things in those fields. Like large rocks, bushes, and plenty of trees. Not to mention, a perfect area for a tag battle."

Hearing her remark, Y/N snaps back.

Y/N: "Tch. Nobody asks you."

Ruby: "Y/N, calm down."

Y/N: "I... I know."

Female Announcer: "You're forgiven."

Y/N: ("This little... no... no... compose yourself.")

With a glare, the heiress asks, addressing the disembodied voice.

Weiss: "Is there a reason you're speaking to us now, Miss Announcer?"

Female Announcer: "Just checking up on you guys and see how you all are doing?"

Sarcastically, Blake responds back.

Blake: "Wow, how thoughtful of you."

Adding on to that, Yang speaks as well with a bit of bite in her words.

Yang: "Thanks, but we're doing just fine."

Female Announcer: "Ah! That's good to hear."

Ruby: "Is that all?"