Chapter 20: Ring

Later in the afternoon, Angel had left for work and Husk had knocked himself out with his booze again.  Nifty was doing another one of her torture sessions- ehem, 'roach puppet shows' in Adam's room with occasional screams from him being heard. Lute was in the kitchen, she was cooking something for Adam, even though he told her to not leave him. Alastor had also finally reentered, having finished his black coffee. Lucifer was in his room, doing some stuff.

———————
Lucifer's pov:

Before I left my room, I went to go out on my best suit, of course I can't just make this occasion not special. I buttoned it up before properly fixing my hat. I looked at the golden ring on my finger, a symbol of my commitment to Lilith. I sighed as I took it off, knowing full well that she would've wanted me to as well. I placed it on my bedside table where there was now a radio? That wasn't there before.. I stared at it confused before realizing it must've been Alastor who accidentally that there after last night. I grinned as I turned it on, listening to his wonderful voice that was singing play from the speakers. After a while of bliss, I turned the volume lower as I walked towards the corner of my room. I stood in front of the mirror, trying to boost up my confidence. "A-Alastor w-will y-y-you? Ugh that's pathetic. A-A-Alastor.. Will you m- I sound so weird!" I shout in frustration as I knelt on the ground, trying to practice. "Never mind! What matters is the actual thing!". I reassured myself as I confidently bust open the door and tiptoed downstairs as quietly as I could. "Okay, just do it like you rehearsed it." I thought to myself as I hid the rubber duck behind my back. I straightened up and began to walk towards the attractive deer who was sitting on the couch. I went up to him casually, my palms were sweating like crazy when he raised his eyebrow at me. Clearly something was off about my appearance now. Is it my new suit? Does he know what's up? Ugh, never mind, I'm going for it.

———————
Alastor's pov:

I chuckled, "Oh truly, this little snake never learns does he?" I thought to myself as I listened to him through the radio on my cane. I had it connected to the radio that I purposely left in his room because I suspected him of doing little acts like this. "Oh it really is entertaining seeing someone so desperate.. so desperate to marry me.." I mumbled to myself as placed my cane next to my ear. I grinned widely as I snapped my fingers, "Hmm.. a small pity that I don't want to..".

———————
No one's pov:

Alastor was sitting down on the couch when Lucifer suddenly walked up to him, brimming with confidence. He stops in front of him, leading the deer to get a bit annoyed and narrow his eyes at him, "What is it that you want you perverted duck?". "H-hey.. A-Al.. Will you umm.." Lucifer's hands shake as he kneels down and pulls out the Alastor duck from his back. Alastor's ears perk up at what was about to happen. "..Marry me..?" he takes Alastor's hand and places the ring on his ring finger. Alastor lifted his hand and admired the ring for a moment before looking back at Lucifer who was still kneeling in front of him while wearing a bright smile. "Oh Lucifer.." he smiles gently as his ears fold back, he looked a bit sentimental for some reason. Lucifer still looked at him hopefully even though he had a feeling of what Alastor was going to say. "I would've.." Alastor continues, looking away. His words slowly sank in, Lucifer began to realize what he meant. "..what?" he asks, looking heartbroken and crestfallen. He had never felt this sinking feeling before, even when he was casted out of heaven. He lets his arms fall to his side as he looked up at Alastor who didn't even look at him once, tears beginning to form at the corners of his eyes. He didn't know what he was feeling right now, whether it was rage, grief, hopelessness, betrayal, what he did know was that getting rejected by the person he truly loved seemed to make his heart crack. Golden tears began to flow out of his eyes, as he stared down at the ground. This strange feeling.. it made him want to scream and shout, to burn everything to the ground. He had loved this man ever since he laid his eyes on him, ever since he first saw him in the human world, he neglected his job and duties as King of Hell just to make time to see him. They had even made love the night before, was all of this just nothing to him? Was he playing him like a puppet? But he loved him.. no.. He can't possibly reject him this easily can he..? After everything that has happened between them.. Did nothing matter?! Every gesture, every little sign of affection, was it all a lie?! Alastor can't even look at him now, was he just that worthless to him? More golden tears spill as he begins to sniff and cry quietly. He looks at the duck that he had accidentally dropped in the midst of all his conflicted emotions. He remembered all the hard work and affection that he put into creating it, he considered it the perfect masterpiece, it was based on his true love after all.. For him, Alastor was his salvation from this infinite hell hole that he was trapped in for eternity, he truly loved him dearly. Was it because of the night before? Did he start to hate him after that? Or was it since they met and Alastor was just playing with him the entire time? He had forgiven every wrong, every playful insult, every little argument they had, even the deal that Alastor had made with his only beloved daughter. Was it really just nothing to him? Were they even something to begin with..? Lucifer stands up, his demonic form showing. "WHY?! WHY?!" he shouts at him, tears flowing from his eyes like a river. Alastor turns back, his face looking like he had been preventing his laughter.

"Oh darling.." he replies as he stroked Lucifer's cheek. He calms down, his horns shortening as he looks at him with a mix of rage and confusion. "I really would've.. If I wasn't planning.." he snaps his fingers, two tentacles appearing from the ground. One of the tentacles were holding a box, a box adorned with beautiful patterns of white and yellow. The tentacle hold the box in front of Lucifer as the other one open the box to reveal a beautiful ring, its beauty rivaling the ring on Alastor's finger that had been given by Lucifer earlier. The sides seemed to be made from the finest silver which was only exclusively in heaven, while the gemstone seemed to be glowing and made of topaz, also only available inside the pearly gates. Lucifer stood there open-mouthed, not knowing what to say. "..to propose to you first." Alastor finishes his sentence, looking infinitely proud with himself. "..huh? Wait- so you planned all this?! Jeez! Stop making jokes at inappropriate times!" Lucifer shouts at him. "So it's a yes?" Alastor asks him with a cheesy grin on his face. "You're a big idiot, and.. yes.." Lucifer replies as Alastor takes the ring from the box and took Lucifer's hand which had no longer had a ring. He places it gently on his ring finger before gently kissing his hand. Lucifer blushed golden before retracting his hand, "You're still an idiot.. I swear to my father, you're not going to walk for a week after our wedding.." Lucifer tells him, still embarrassed. Alastor chuckles, "About that.. I think we should postpone it.. Just until we can tell Charlie.". Lucifer nods before letting himself fall onto the couch and hug his new fiancé . Alastor embraced him back, still chuckling a bit. "Wait a minute." Lucifer suddenly says as he retreats from the hug, looking at the ring on his finger. "This.. This is made in heaven! How did you get these materials?" he asks Alastor as he looks from him to the ring in shock.

Alastor just looks at him brightly, "Darling, you can't possibly think that I'd just give some poorly made ring to my love~? Of course I had to go all out for you~" he replies in a sassy tone. Lucifer blushes golden even more and throws his hat on Alastor's face before getting up to leave. "That's it, I can't stand your pretty face anymore." he mumbles in a low tone as he walks away, embarrassed but happy. Alastor lifts the hat off his face before laughing and wiping a tear from his eye. "You know, I'd really love kneel in front of you if only you didn't steal my ability to stand!" he calls out after him. "Fuck you!" Lucifer shouts back at him, "Hah! No!".

———————

[Yep, sorry for the short chapter folks. Kinda bad tbh, just had to vent a bit haha. See you guys tomorrow or the day after :)]