Chapter 8: Angelic Meeting

From no one's pov:

The next morning Charlie was trying to find her father. She wanted to ask him if he could help her get into another meeting with the angels so that she could try to persuade them again. She knew what happened the last time, but maybe, just maybe, they'll listen to her after the last extermination. She knocks on his door but received no reply. She opened it to see that no one was in the room and that the only thing that greeted her were mountains of ducks. She walked out, confused about where her father had even gone. Her father was usually a morning person and should be out and about by now, why can't she see him anywhere? "Where could dad be?" she wonders aloud as she walks through the hallway. She decides to visit Alastor instead since he like another father figure for her, and having experience with deals, surely he must know something about politics. He must also be awake by now since he mostly doesn't sleep, at least she never really saw him sleep soundly like last time.

She knocks on the door, quietly at first then she used more force, but no one answered the door. She tried the handle and it was locked, and Alastor NEVER locks his room. It was a fun game for him after all, whoever opens his door in the night or morning will be subjected to torture if he catches them, and Angel has been a victim of this many times. Hence that was why they had to be extremely quiet when they were about to play a prank on him. She slowly opens the door, and sure enough, it made a creaking noise. What a time for a stupid noise. But Alastor it seems did not notice and was still sleeping soundly. Charlie was surprised since even the slightest sound would make him wake up and strangle the person or object that made the noise with his tentacles. She notices that he was still asleep and decided to just let him be for now, surely he had a rough day with her father yesterday, they surely must've fought when they were out. She was about to leave when she notices that there was something next to Alastor hidden underneath the blanket. She didn't think too much of it since sometimes Alastor sneaks a body into his room for 'morning breakfast'. She leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

As soon as she left, Lucifer peeks out from under the covers, and Alastor also sat up. "You think she saw me?" Lucifer asks Alastor, "Obviously, or she wouldn't be so confused. The only reason she didn't check is because sometimes I have breakfast in bed." Lucifer looks at him, confused. "Breakfast? What do you even eat when you wake up?", "Well sometimes, I hide the bodies of the victims of 'Human Centi-'" "OKAY I get it. Stop being so creepy." Lucifer cuts him off, still creeped out from what happened yesterday. Alastor chuckles for a bit, "I don't see what's wrong?", "That- that's just creepy. Shut up okay? Not even I would think of such a disturbing torture." Lucifer pouts as he crosses his arms.

————————

Time skip brought to you by: KeeKee!

————————

Still from no one's pov:

Alastor and Lucifer walk down the stairs, not looking at each other. Lucifer goes to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee while Alastor walks over to Husk's bar, tellin the cat about something. A little while later, Lucifer walks out of the kitchen. Charlie then walks up to her dad, wanting to ask what something. "Hey dad? Can you.. let me participate in another angelic meeting?" Lucifer spits out his coffee and looks at her with disbelief. He wipes the mess with his hand, a black tentacle appearing out of nowhere to hand him a napkin. He takes the napkin and makes a thumbs-up gesture towards the bar where Alastor was sitting. "Sorry sweetie, absolutely not." he says in a stern tone. Charlie looks at him with puppy eyes and he sighs, "At least not now, heaven and hell have been on terrible terms since the last extermination day and I'm pretty sure their gatekeeper won't even let us in." at this, Alastor's ears perk up for seemingly no reason. "My dear." He says while walking over to them, "Being a demon of deals, maybe you can allow me to have a word with their gatekeeper." Charlie and Lucifer looked skeptical at this. They both knew that in the last time, Alastor didn't use his full power but it would certainly cause some commotion in heaven if Alastor starts to pick a fight. "Oh don't worry, I won't eat many." he says reading their expressions. "Many what?" Charlie asks, "Angels." Alastor replies.