Chapter 18: Celebrations ;)

As a few days went on, Lute had finally settled in the hotel, taking a room that was right besides Adam, but spending most of the time in his room. Alastor also returned to the hotel, without any explanation. All this made for a cause of celebration. As always, Charlie wanted to have a large party, but instead of inviting anyone, it would just be them, the hotel staff, and the three residents, Angel, Adam, and Lute. But as a small change, Alastor offered to take the decorating into his own hands since it would be faster if he did it himself.  Charlie agreed and in a matter of half an hour, the entire hotel was decorated, fixed, and cleaned up nicely.

———————

Angel arrives at the hotel, tired and drained from his job. He lays on the couch, stretching and yawning. Husk comes over to him from the bar, looking annoyed. Alastor had changed his outfit again and this time forced him to wear the old clothes he had from his days as an overlord. Angel looks up at him, blurry-eyed, it was clear he had just taken his dose of drugs. He smiles widely as he hugs the grumpy feline, "Oh whiskers~ Who knew ya looked so hot, wearin a suit?" he remarks in a flirty tone as Husk pushes him off. "You better sober up Ange, there's a fuckin party today." he replies in a monotone voice, not happy about there being a party nearly everyday in the hotel. "Come onnn~ Ya know I could use some whiskey in me right now~.", "Don't even think about it, you've clearly been on some shit." Husk sighs, holding up Angel from the floor. He had unconsciously slumped onto the ground while talking to Husk, looking really sleepy. Husk lays him on the couch, knowing he'd have to wake him up later. "Ya know, i could really use some rest right now.. See ya later whiskas.." he mumbled drowsily as his eyelids closed. Husk looks at him sleeping peacefully and couldn't help but feel a small smile creep up on his face. He puts his hat on Angel's face before leaving to go back to the bar and make his own preparations for the party.

"..and that my friend, is how you know that kitty cat's got feelings!" Alastor remarks while standing next to Charlie who was wide-eyed and smiling. Unknown to Husk and Angel, Alastor and Charlie were hiding around the corner, listening to the two having a wholesome moment. "AAHH! That's so CUTE! OMG-!" Charlie yells out before having her mouth covered by Alastor's hand. Husk looked towards their location and they both ducked, hiding in the shadows. "Al, you knew?" Charlie asks him, whispering quietly, "Indeed my dear, it was a bit obvious considering their frequent interactions..", "You should have told me sooner! This will definitely help them with their path to redemption!". "And what are you two doing here?" Vaggie asks, her hands on her hips as she looked down on both of them who were sitting on the floor. "Nothing much dear! Oho, I was simply sharing some of our resident's unseen conversations with Charlie." Alastor replies as he straightens up, brushing the dust off his coat. "Ugh, whatever. Come with me Charlie, we have to get those two dirtbags out of their rooms." Vaggie interrupts, holding her hand out to Charlie. She takes her hand and accompanies her up the stairs, before leaving, Charlie turns towards Alastor again, "I'll continue with you later Al!" she waves to him. His smile widens as he waves back, looking at the two of them having a playful and loving argument while walking up the stairs. Alastor turns around and walks into the kitchen while twirling his staff, he didn't have anything to busy himself for now, so might as well make an early dinner for everyone.

----------------

Alastor's pov:

"Hmm, might as well. Really is a wonder that no one has questioned me about my disappearance. I guess that is quite fortunate since I don't have much of an explanation.." I thought to myself as I snapped my hands. An apron appeared on me and I rolled back my sleeves. I realized it was quite a bit of a hassle considering that my hair was a bit long, so I snapped my fingers again and it was tied up in a bun rather neatly. I reached out to turn on my microphone which also served as a radio. I hummed along to the rhythm as I prepared the ingredients and utensils that I was to use in making my infamous jambalaya. I was about halfway done, stirring around the tomatoes and other condiments when Nifty appeared looking excited and wide-eyed. I turn around to look at her short stature, "What may bring you here Nifty dear? If it's something about cleaning, there's no need to worry about that. I already took care of most of that.", "Oh Alastor! It's really exciting!" she replies, jumping up and down. "Hmm? Something interesting happened? Tell me about it dear." I ask, facing back to the sauce before adding rice and chicken broth. "I was having another one of my roach puppet shows in the bad boy's room!", "Oh?", "It was really fun! He really listened and screamed and cried most of the time! He was enjoying it a bunch! Then, he was clinging to the girl a lot who was trying to get me to stop. I don't like her.." she tells me, in an elated tone. "Well dear, they just don't understand your way of fun. Maybe you should play with them a bit more so they will enjoy it the next time" I reply as I grinned evilly. "Really, you shouldn't have picked a fight with little Nifty here Adam. She'll be bothering you until the end of your stay.", I thought to myself as I added in the shrimp and stirred it a bit before covering it with a lid. "Oooo~! You're cooking jambalaya again, aren't you Alastor?!" she exclaims, running forward to peek at the pot. She stood on a chair, tip-toeing to see through the glass lid. I picked her up by her collar, settling her down in a nearby chair. "Now, now, dearie, you'll have to wait for five minutes before it's cooked." I tell her playfully as I patted her wild hair. She pouts, her cheeks turning red as she crosses her arms, "but I don't wanna wait!", "You'll have to little Nifty, you'll be the first one to taste it. Now why don't you prepare the plates for all of us?", Nifty nods and hurries off to grab some plates, an insane smile on her face again.