Chapter 11: A Bit of Gossip

Alastor woke up the next morning, still wrapped in Lucifer's arms. It was 2 o' clock, the time he usually gets up at. He glances at Lucifer who was still asleep beside him, he looked very cute. He chuckles to himself before planting a small kiss on the shorter demon's forehead. It was a rare sight to behold, the terrifying King of Hell looking so vulnerable while asleep. He gently tries to pry Lucifer's arm off of him so that he could get up and make himself some breakfast before the others could get up. He sat up in bed, fixing his hair with his claws. With one lasts loving look at Lucifer, he teleported out of the room.

————————

"I've got so much to do yet not a lot of time." I sighs, "I should pay Rosie dear a visit after breakfast." I thought to myself as I make my way down the stairs, wiping my eyes that were still filled with drowsiness. I was surprised that there was already someone there before me, it was Emily. "Umm- hello! You must be Alastor that they've been talking about right?" she approaches me, full of curiosity. "Just my luck, fortunately, she doesn't recognize me." "Ah yes, you would be correct about that dear. And you are?" "Oh, I'm Emily! But you can call me Em, or Emmy, or Mily, whatever's to your liking!" "She really does act the same for everyone..". "Umm, can I ask a question?", "Sure dearie, ask away.". "Why do you keep yourself hidden? I mean- it's fine if you don't answer- it's just that-", "Oh, I simply feel a little under the weather, I presume that the others are worried?", "Yes! Thank you for answering!", "It's really nothing dear, would you like to eat breakfast together?" "Yes, thank you!".

We both walk to the kitchen, she takes a seat at a nearby table as I prepare to make some jambalaya. As I grabbed the knife to begin cutting the meats and seafood, Emily speaks up. "Is there any way I can help?", "Of course dear, if you could help cut the vegetables, it would be great help.". She smiles and walks over to me on the counter, raking another chopping board and began to cut the vegetables. As we were both cooking, we talked about Charlie and other stuff like that. She compliments me on my quite strange voice which she akins to another angel called the Speaker Angel with an echoey voice. She told me that the Speaker Angel also enjoyed jambalaya and often went on tea parties with her, though he also annoys Sera to a great deal. She tells me it's a little sad that he had disappeared for a lot of time these past couple months and that the last time she saw him was at the last Heavenly Council meeting. She asks me on my smile, on which I tell her that some demons have strange features and so mine was my smile. She tells me that the Speaker Angel doesn't show a smile or any emotions at all since his face was always hidden by his wings.

I set the finished jambalaya on the table as she started to prepare some plates for both of us. "Would you be a darling and not tell anyone about this? I wouldn't want them to worry about me." I ask her, "Of course! I hope you get better soon!" she replies in an enthusiastic voice. I smile widely and began to serve jambalaya on both our plates. "Mm! It's so good!" she yells out after taking the first bite, I grin. "Why thank you dear, it's my mother's recipe.", "Wow, you mother must be a very good cook!", "Certainly she is.". As we were halfway through our meal, footsteps were heard as someone was coming down the stairs. I check the clock to see it was 3 o'clock, still too early for anyone to be awake yet. "Hey Sera! Wanna have breakfast?" Emily asks enthusiastically, inviting the taller seraphim to dine with us. She seemed surprised at seeing me, "Emily. Who. Is. That?" she asks, pointing at me rudely. "Greetings! It seems we haven't met before, my name is Alastor, pleasure to be meeting you, quite a pleasure!" I extend my hand to her which she hesitantly accepts. "Em, we aren't eating with sinners like this. Come on, let's go.", "But the food is delicious!" she whines. "Fine, you can eat, just not with A- where is he?" she looks around, alert at my sudden disappearance. They both look around for me before giving up.

When Sera had her back turned to me, I melted away into the shadows. I can't hang around them too much or else they might recognize me. I teleported into my room, getting ready to visit cannibal town. It would be great if I could stay at Rosie's for a while before returning after a week.