Rallying Around a Leader

𝐀𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐣𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"This ought to suffice," I thought to myself.

As I returned to my seat, the teacher strolled into the class,  We subsequently devoted much of our time focusing on the syllabus and the objectives of the course at hand.

The teachers in this establishment appeared cordial and pleasant in their demeanor, exhibiting a stark contrast to the rigid and harsh instructors of the White Room.

The students were undeterred by that choosing to devote all of their attention towards the current course topic.

Sudou, however, appeared to be battling against fatigue, yet he refrained from giving in to the urge to rest.

I attentively took down notes in an effort to appear as though I were actively paying attention to the course material.

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕

Soon, the time had arrived for us to break for lunch, I was approached by a young man who hastily rose from his seat to come near to me.

"hello, I believe that I did not have a chance to introduce myself until now," the person spoke up with politeness, providing his name.

"My name is Yōsuke Hirata," he told me.

"It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance as well," I replied in a neutral and even tone.

"I wanted to invite you to lunch...

Before the young man could complete his statement, however, a girl with striking blonde hair tied into a ponytail interrupted him.

"Ayanokouji-kun, would you mind joining us for lunch?" she articulated, expressing her request.

I appeared conflicted but ultimately accepted their invitation, stating: "Alright, I will join you. Although, is it alright if I also invite another person?"

She responded amicably, nodding her head and grinning at my query.

I then turned to face the fellow who had just been introduced to me.

"Would you like to join us as well, Hirata?" I requested.

"As long as you're ok with it," he affirmed.

"Very well," I offered a brief and simple nod.

I turned to glance at my neighbor, intending to ask if she wanted to join us.

"Do you wa...." I began.

However, she immediately cut me off, bluntly responding, "No."

Instead of pursuing a quarrel, I opted to concede.

Instead, I chose to accompany the group of girls and Hirata to the cafeteria.

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun, how come you haven't even bothered to ask for our names yet? You're already leading us as our leader, yet did not even bother to ask any of us for our names, yet!"

"That is quite true," I agreed and acknowledged her concern. "However, I have not had sufficient time or opportunity to address such matters as of yet given that we have only just begun class."

"But you could just ask us now you know," she said, with a smile.

"Well, let's sit down first and then introduce ourselves," said Hirata, as we neared the cafeteria.

We sat down and ordered our food, then started the introduction. 

I gained further insights into my classmates' identities, discovering that the blonde girl was named Kei Karuizawa.