Beginning anew

𝐀𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐣𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I woke up precisely at 5 PM, as my biological clock woke me with its internal mechanism.

I proceeded to carry out my usual routine of training, showering, and then consuming a small breakfast to start my day.

Once I had finished my meal, I immediately changed into my uniform, preparing to exit my dormitory.

I then began walking towards the elevator, prepared to head on down to the ground floor and out of the building.

I stepped inside the elevator, and to my surprise, there was someone else also present in there.

I took a brief moment to observe her facial features, and I realized that I had seen her before in the classroom, at which point I reasoned that she must be a fellow classmate of mine.

she had black hair, which was tied up into a ponytail. Her irises were of a brilliant purple hue.(𝐀/𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥/𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐜.)

I greeted her in my usual monotonous tone of voice, stating:

"Good morning."

Her reaction was momentary hesitation, as though she hadn't anticipated this.

However, after a brief moment of contemplation, she also returned my greeting.

"Good morning," she replied, speaking softly.

The conversation had reached a moment of silence, and I was stuck wondering what should be said next.

Should I introduce myself? Or should I maintain my silence? I thought to myself, considering that she didn't appear to be one for frivolous chat or idle bantering.

We both exited the elevator and began walking in the same direction towards the classroom.

We were walking in silence for a prolonged period of time and it was getting increasingly awkward.

I decided it was imperative for me to be a bit more approachable and try to break the ice with a simple inquiry.

"My name is Ayanokouji kiyotaka. What's yours?" I stated, attempting to initiate a conversation with her and get to know her better.

"Setsuya Minami," she stated

"Nice to meet you, Minami-san," I replied

She gave a brief response in return, indicating that she was likely not one for unnecessary conversation or small talk.

Or maybe it's just that I made a poor first impression on the first day, sigh

As we neared the classroom, I caught a glance of Sudou, who was currently standing outside the classroom entrance and alongside two other boys.

Sudou had noticed us approach as well, and when our eyes met, he offered me a smile. He then greeted me by calling out, "Yo, Ayanokouji."

I responded with a casual wave towards him, acknowledging his presence.

I noticed that my new acquaintance appeared to be puzzled.

Upon noticing her reaction, I decided to offer an explanation for the contrast between our interactions on the previous day and the current state of our relationship.

"We sort of had a brief conversation yesterday, and now we are seemingly "cool" with each other."

As the brief pleasantries between us two came to an end, I proceeded to head towards Sudou and the two lads who were accompanying him.