An Intriguing Start

𝐀𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐣𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka." I replied to Kushida, who gave me a bright smile in return.

She was very friendly and gave the impression of someone who could become very popular. 

Kushida: "Well Ayanokouji-kun i saw that we had the same uniform  what class are you in?"

She asked me with a curious smile on her face.

"I'm in Class D," I replied without changing my tone or facial expression.

i wasn't really good at expressing my emotions but kushida was undeterred by it.

"What a coincidence," Kushida exclaimed. "We're both in the same class!."

I nodded in response, not knowing what to say to match her friendly attitude. With my below-average social skills, I was already feeling a bit of uncomfortable at having to interact with someone so casually and positively.

Kushida: "did you come to this school alone ayanokoji-kun?" She asked me

"yes I came here alone, what about you?" I asked.

"Oh, really? Me too," she said.

"How about you and I become friends?" She then suggested, which caught me off guard for a moment.

That was pretty quick, I thought it would be much harder to make friends.

"it will be a pleasure be your friend, i haven't really had any friends before."

kushida looked at me with pity in her eyes.

"really? that's so sad ayanokoji-kun, but the past is in the past and what matters is the future am i right." 

"yes your right" i replied.

As the bus stopped and we disembarked, I couldn't help but feel a bit of nervousness.

All the young boys and girls dressed in school uniforms were passing through this gate.

The Japanese government had created the Tokyo Metropolitan

Advanced Nurturing High School with the express purpose of developing future leaders. This would be my school from now on.

Okay, stop for a moment. Take a deep breath. All right, here we go!

I took my first step past the gates.

This was a fresh start for me. I was finally in a new environment, and it felt like anything was possible now.

(𝐀/𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬, 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 "𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫" 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐬.)

Kushida was walking next to me, we had already exchanged contact information and we both walked towards the entrance ceremony together.

We were both silent during the walk, taking in the atmosphere and environment around us.