Part Twenty-nine

Heinry felt strange as he stared at the empty cup in front of him. His eyes wavered in and out of focus as his throat tightened in dryness. He bobbled his head upward to see Evalie's joyful expression, her hands cupped her face as she watched him.

"Wh-what did you.." He tried to speak, but before he knew it, she had rounded the desk and he finger was to his lips. "Shhhh," She said as she pulled his chair out slowly. 

His head wanted to fall, but she slid her finger from his mouth to his chin and held his head up so he was facing her. "You know," She said as she climbed onto his lap, wrapping her legs around his back. "You can't simply annul an engagement once you've slept together." She snickered as she placed her hands on his chest.

Heinry couldn't fully process what was happening. His limbs felt limp and his face felt numb, but he did know that someone was on him and he didn't want her there. "G...get off.." He tried to speak but just heard laughter in response. "Oh, it's best if you just shut up," She said as she slid her hands down his shirt. He would've shuddered in disgust if he had any mobility.

Her hands moved down to his pants and her lips buried themselves in his neck with the intention of leaving obvious marks. He cringed as he tried to remain conscious, trying to muster up any strength at all. Her hands slid past his belt and wormed their way past his clothes. "Just let me--"

"No!" He shoved her off and fell forward out of the chair. He forced his shaky legs to stand as he stumbled towards the door. He heard her calling his name in anger as he staggered away, but he didn't bother turning back.

He managed to open the door and make it to the hallway, but his exhaustion overwhelmed him. The drug took full control and brought him to his knees. He fell forward but still tried to crawl, using his arms to drag himself. He noticed that there were no maids or guards around that could help him. 

Just before he blacked out, he had the realization of who put Evalie up to this---the one who controlled the entire castle.

----------------------

Heinry's eyes shot open as his head throbbed. It was his birthday that day, but he felt nauseous rather than happy as he tried to recount the events of the previous night. It was then that he noticed he was in his bed, but he wasn't alone. Evalie was asleep and clinging to his bare chest. He almost threw up at the very sight.

He instantly shoved her off of him and stood up, slightly faltering from the drug's damage on his head, but he still powered forward. He quickly put on a shirt and hastily buttoned it before storming out of the room. He charged past maids and knights and didn't bother telling anyone he requested an audience with his father. He just bust down his door.

"Father!" He yelled in anger as he stomped up to him. "Ah, Heinry," He said slyly, "Did you have fun last night--" His words were cut off by the sword Heinry wielded just inches from his face. He held up his hand to signal the approaching guards to back down.

"Now, now, that is no way to treat your father."

"You talk as if you know how to treat your son."

"Hah. What have I done so wrong?"

"You know what you've done. How could you dare try to subject me to--"

"Calm down. You act as if you're a woman who was wrongfully touched. Are you not a man? You cannot claim you were assaulted if you have full control of your body, my boy."

Heinry audibly scoffed at his words. "What part of that drug allowed me full control of my body?" His father glared at him. "I suggest you put that sword down. Now."