Part Twenty-six

Heinry sought to ignore all of the happenings at school. He could tell Mikhail was behind it in some way, but he didn't care to stop or help him. He knew it was all pointless without Edith here. As the crown prince, he couldn't afford to tarnish his reputation by sabotaging Evalie. Then, he might be killed and never be able to meet Edith again.

Home life was....less than okay. His father still didn't pay him much attention, but he ordered his servants to limit his meals and confine him to his room as soon as he returned from school. It was clear that his father knew he intended to make a break for it at some point and find some way to contact Edith. He needed to contact Edith.

After the incident where he broke out of the dungeon, he would've been whipped if it weren't for his stab wounds, so he was just locked back up in the dungeon for a few more days while his injuries healed.

But, all of this unfairness towards him didn't matter. He couldn't be bothered to tarnish Evalie's reputation because he didn't think about her--he didn't care about her at all. He only cared about Edith, and she was the only person who occupied his mind all hours of the day.

He knew today was the day---today was the day that he did something. He had at all planned out. His last class was going to be finished early, and he didn't bother telling the carriage driver about it. He would promptly leave school and head to the 'messenger booth', which was actually a building where commoners could go to send letters via birds. He would write Edith and quickly make his way back to school in time so he didn't miss the carriage and no one would suspect anything.

He walked down the halls of school to his last class, his plan set in his mind, when, suddenly, he froze. He felt strange like he couldn't talk or even flinch, but he could see. He felt a chilling breeze blow by him as a tall cloaked figure strided through the halls. He turned as he walked past Heinry and held his finger to his mouth to shush him with a wicked smile stretched across his face.

--------------------

Evalie stormed out of the principal's office and rounded the corner in the halls. The air was thick and unmoving, completely laced with particles of ice. She knew 'it' was here.

She saw him slowly walking down the hall and she let out a puff of vexation at the sight.

"What are you going to do about this?!" She fumed.

"What could I possibly do?" He emphasized the 'I' and held his hand to his chest, a sarcastically confused expression lacing his countenance, while he still held an amused grin.

"Well, why else would you be here if not to fix all of this?!"

"Bold of you to assume it is my job to fix your messes, little lady," He walked closer to her and a chill went down her spin as her breath hitched, "Besides, I only came because of how interesting this all is. Who would've thought the 'main character' would be viewed as such a villain?" He shook his head pitifully as he tsk'd his teeth, patting Edith's head and beginning to walk off.

"T-that's it? You're just leaving?!" Evalie's jaw was almost on the floor as she whipped around to see the entity snicker while his back was still turned to her. "My purpose of bringing you here wasn't to babysit." He turned his head back, no smile on his face, but a rather cold expression. "Fix your own problems." He waved his hand before continuing to walk off.

Suddenly, he felt a tug at the sleeve of his coat. He turned to see Evalie with tear-stricken eyes. He jumped back and ripped her hands away from him. "I'd advise you not to do that if you still want your hands." He examined her now frost-bitten fingers and began to manifest heat in his palms. He was naturally an abnormally freezing temperature, so touching him could mean the complete freezing of your limbs. Luckily she only touch his clothing, though.