Chapter 12

She returned to take back the plates, and I could hear her soft gasp on seeing that the plate was empty.

“You finished it all. You loved it? Should I bring more?”

Excitement was all I could sense in her voice, and her beautiful eyes sparkled too with the bright smile gracing her face.

The last question was so tempting. I wanted more, but I couldn't accept it after how I had sounded when she talked about her food at first.

“I ate it because I was hungry. Nothing special, now take the plates and go.” I waved, gulping the water, which I had really forgotten to take while eating because I was really engrossed in the food.

The food was too good, for real. I never knew a werewolf like her would be this good at cooking. All the professional chefs here have never satisfied my craving like this.

She even beat my mother, I regret to say.

“I am happy you enjoyed the food.” She chirped as she headed out.

Was it showing on my face? I just told her it was merely because I was hungry, and there was nothing special about it.

Just a few minutes after she left, I heard the sound of the gate. I peeped out and saw my parents driving in.

I jumped out of the chaise lounge and dashed in quickly, sprinting downstairs to welcome them, praying silently and desperately for a miracle.

At least, Nana should give me a chance to see her again. I hadn't seen her since then. I hadn't heard her voice or felt her touch for over a year.

“Dad! Mom!” I called out as they walked into the sitting room while I was scurrying down the staircase.

“How was it? Did you see her? How does she look now? What did she say about me? Did her parents support you both? Please tell me, Nana has agreed to…”

“To do what? Have you forgotten she rejected you?” My father bellowed, and my heart sank.

“Let's go to the chamber. We have good news to share with you.” My mother said with a bright smile that it was like a light in my heart. Hope crept in.

We all went to the royal chamber, different from the one the sword was in.

“It was really hard for me. I felt shame on your behalf. As the Lycan king, I really stooped so low to do this.” My father hissed.

“I am sorry for putting you through this…” I muttered. “ So what's the good news?”

“Your mate isn't pregnant.” My mother spilled, and my jaw dropped and my eyes widened as a sharp gasp escaped my lips.

I narrowed my eyes at her, a huge smile stretching across my face.

“Nana isn't pregnant. For real!” I screamed in joy. This could only mean one thing, a second chance for me.

“Secondly, her father agreed that she would be coming to live in this kingdom with her chosen mate so she could attend the training school. What this means is that the ban you made will be lifted up, and everybody, no matter what kind of mythic being you are, is allowed to get enrolled.”

“Consider it done, Dad. I will be meeting Nana again.” Tears formed in my eyes, my heart racing. The thought of this was overwhelming. I haven't accepted the rejection, so she will still feel something for me.

It will still work again!

“You will be meeting Nana and her mate, who she is already married to.” My father corrected me, as if to remind me that Nana isn't single anymore.