Chapter 7

Tyler's POV

The image of her back full of scars got stuck in my head, as I could only imagine what she had gone through. There were too many stripes and too many cuts. Even slaves in this kingdom don't have so many of them. It showed how much she was hated in her pack, a reflection of the misery she had gone through.

But that was not enough for me to bend my rules. I was still going to get her away from this kingdom. It was quite hard, but I can't allow myself to be played again. I was once soft, kind-hearted, and caring; at the end, it made me a fool. I was shattered and crushed without mercy by the woman I gave my heart to.

I gave the order and stamped it that no werewolf would be allowed into this pack, and I also cut all ties with them. I even went as far as halting every supply between us and them. My hatred for their existence rose a thousandfold because none of them could make Nana come back to me. Over the years, I wished nothing but misery upon them.

I did everything to at least make her give me a call. I want to hear her voice once again. She was the only one who would make me pull off all the bans and cancel my rules, but it didn't work. Months passed by, and it was like she had forgotten me.

Everyone seemed to have moved on except me, and that hurts me more, making me cold and mean. My parents and Jace do everything to change me. They had brought many girls to stay with me and see if I would feel any attraction.

But it was all making me more aggressive and wicked. Every girl wants me, they all drool and grow affection for me, dreaming of having me as their man. I could see it in their eyes-the intense desire to be my woman-but that one lady my heart beats for is someone I could never get.

All I did was relish in the past memories-the few weeks we had been together before the man she actually loved appeared and she dumped me off.

It cuts so deep into my heart, leaving a wound that could never be healed; instead, it only hurts more like salt was splattered on it.

Who then is this girl who wants me to break my rule? I had never met her before. I know nothing about her pack, nor does she look beautiful like Nana. She is just an orphan who has turned into a rogue by harming their Alpha son and running away.

Jace only brought her here out of pity so she would heal and have the strength to leave for another place, but now she wants to stay.

I won't allow that. I was definitely going to hand her back to those chasing her and make her pay for whatever crime she was running away from. Even if she is killed, I don't care.

Call me an evil man. I will gladly answer with my full chest.

"You know it is better to just let her go than to hand her to her pack, who would surely kill her." Jace muttered under his breath through the mind link as we both sat in the palace on the lower throne beside my parents's thrones.

They are on their way back from the meeting, so the elders and other royal cabinets are all here to welcome them, forcing us to use the mind link so they won't hear us. It's been three days since my parents left for this important meeting with the other mythical beings.

I wonder what is being discussed that took three days to come to a conclusion. Not like I care, though. I won't become the Lycan king someday, so it's none of my business.

"Tyler, can you hear me?" Jace called out, as I didn't give him any response. My gaze darted at him with a glare.

"i can't just let her go. It is best not to aid a criminal and instead hand her over to her people so she will pay for her crime." I snorted.

"Do you still think she is a criminal and didn't do that as self-defense? Didn't you see the marks of whips stretched all over her back?" He frowned, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.