Chapter 8

"So what were you about to say earlier?" I asked my father, as I was already ashamed to have displayed that interest in Nana.

A huge smile curled up his lips as he faced the audience, sitting with anticipation in their eyes.

"The good news is that it has been confirmed that my son's second chance mate is in this kingdom. We met the most powerful sorcerer on our way back, and he told us that she was here!"

I couldn't hold back as I hissed loudly and looked away in sheer disappointment at the nonsense my father just spilled out.

The sound of having a mate really annoys and pisses me off. I can't believe this is the good news my father has to say.

Cheers of jubilation filled the room, with laughter and big smiles on their faces, including Jace, whom I called a friend.

Sometimes I wonder if this guy is my friend. How could he be happy to hear this? Do I need to write it on my face before they get to know I don't need any god-forsaking, mate? The wound and hollow created by Nana are yet to heal.

"Can I leave now? I feel sleepy!" My voice broke in through the stupid cheers and shrieks of happiness in the room. Even my father had started instructing for drinks and food to be shared as a celebration because of the nonsense the so-called sorcery told him.

"Won't you be here to join us in the celebration, son?" My mother held my hand.

"No. There is no need because you are all excited for nothing. That sorcerer only needed your money, so he told you what you wanted to hear."

"No, he is famous for predicting the future accurately. Trust me... all you have to do is open your heart, and love will find you." Her voice was gentle, and her smile made me wish my life was still normal. I missed those moments when I could smile with actual happiness.

I envy her and my father. They are two fated mates who met each other in school, became friends, turned 18, and realized they were mates. Smoothly, they fell in love, and now they are growing old together. My father was a prince, and she was a princess in another kingdom-two Lycans who completed each other.

It was how I thought mine would be when I met Nana; she was the woman I wanted to grow old with. She was the perfect woman my heart desired, but in the end, she crushed me.

"Son, I know you can't forget your first mate, but you should know she has moved on. She broke up with you and will be laughing at you because you couldn't move on. Don't make her a winner over your emotions. I bet she still feels like a queen over your life, seeing that you couldn't find another woman to love."

My mother's words brought nothing but sadness to me as I looked up at her and nodded. "You are right..."

She is absolutely correct because I am still wrapped around her fingers, and sadly, I don't know how to free myself.

"You see, get a beautiful woman; you are attracted to anything about her, even if it's the slightest. Gradually, you will learn to love her." She pecked my cheek, and I forced out a smile to make her happy.

I thought of finding a fake girlfriend to make Nana jealous. Maybe she will regret it and get back to me.

"Do you remember she is pregnant?" My subconscious whispered to me, and a loud hiss slipped my lips as I rose from the chair immediately, my face etched with a deep frown.

There is no way she will be jealous. She must have forgotten me either.

"Are you leaving?" Jace asked, but I ignored him and began to head to the exit. Even my mother called my name, trying to stop me, but I gave them no listening ears.