Chapter 11

“What did I have to be worthy of this great visit from the powerful Lycan king and his queen..” I spoke out in a loud voice, walking down the stairs, and they both smiled and stood up, Lucian offering a handshake, which I took with a cheerful smile.

“I know you never expect us to be here, but in this world, anything is possible. Moreover, my son was the mate of your daughter, and they dated too. It is enough for us to be friends and get close to each other.” Lucian spoke with delight as we all sat together on the couch.

“You are right, but I hope you know and still remember that my daughter rejected him. You didn't visit all this while, and it's been a year.” I frowned a bit even when I was trying hard to be cheerful to hide the hatred in my heart.

Apart from hating the existence of Lycans in this world, I wish nothing but death to these two here because they are the reason I am still weak and unable to attain the demon's great dark powers promised to me.

“I understand you. Their relationship was a very short one because your daughter decided to go for a chosen mate rather than….”

“That's her choice.” I interrupted, and he sighed,

“My son is the reason I am here. He can't move on because he still loves your daughter. They are fated. Don't you think we, as parents, should help these children stick with what the moon goddess offers. She is always right.” He said in a low tone as he scanned my face, like he was trying to figure out my reply before I said it.

“Don't you think it's late?”

“I know, especially because she is pregnant with her boyfriend, but we can still stick heads together and find a solution. We can still try….”

“I am sorry you fell for the fake rumor; my daughter isn't pregnant yet.” I cut in, and I could see the shock in their eyes, which later lit up into happiness as they heaved a deep sigh of relief upon hearing what I said.

It was true that she was pregnant with her chosen mate, but as soon as I knew about it, I secretly put a drug in her food that aborted the baby and made it look like she had a miscarriage.

I think the best thing to do is use her to get close to this Lycan royal family and eventually find out where the sword is hidden.

“Wow, so she isn't pregnant? This means there is hope!” The Lycan queen chirped in, rubbing her hands in glee as she grinned from ear to ear.

“Now it will be a bit easier. We have to find a way to bring them together…” The Lycan king added.

“The only help I can offer is to allow her to stay in the Lycan kingdom and enroll in the training school, where she can then meet your son. Tyler can fight his way back to her heart if possible. I am not against the both of them, and besides, it will be a good thing for both of our families if we build a relationship.” I said with a wide smile that betrays the bitterness in my heart.

Seeing the people that were holding me back from my life dream was really boiling my heart with rage. My wolf was yelling at me to poison them with a drink at that moment.

“Pardon me, I didn't serve you anything, not even drink.” I stood up sharply. “Let me get it.”

“There is no problem. We are okay.” He waved, trying to reject my proposal, but I wouldn't allow that.

“ No, you have to take something as a guest, and you aren't just guests now. We are friends. Our children are fated mates, so we should have close relationships too.” I grinned and snapped my finger. “There is this special wine produced by our pack. I will like to use this opportunity to have you taste it. Tell me your honest review.”