Chapter 14

Atlantis POV

I get of the carriage dressed in my princely attire the last few days I mourned my angel and buried his corpse and tortured the man who killed him I thought I'd feel relieved after his death but I still feel like shit.

I sigh as I see preparations these can't be for me... Oh right today is Athanasia's birthday well let's see happy she will be after she sees my gift. 

I smirk knowing what I should be doing now. I make my way to to the Alpheus manor, knowing my father I know for a fact he didn't invite those dogs but I have something else in mind.

I smirk as I walk into the ball room dressed in a fitted suit that looked almost like his but in white and more jewels.

I smirk as I mingle into the crowd and then I know what's about to happen. I get to the front of the crowd and see my father- no Claude dancing with Athanasia. I almost burst out laughing when she steps on his foot but Claude quickly spoils my fun making it look like part of the choreography. I suddenly feel Claude's gaze meet mine he freezes for a moment. But he continues to dance shamelessly like he didn't almost try to kill me like he didn't steal my lover from me.

I suddenly feel a hand on my waist I was about to punch the man when he whispered in my ear "Nice to see you again your highness" Said a deep strong voice after a moment I spoke "Lucas... good to see you haven't changed one bit" I can feel his smirk when he speaks "Oh I haven't changed but you sure have what happened to you pretty boy?" I took a deep breath still staring at Claude's and Athanasia's dance "What changed in me doesn't matter anymore because this place will fear the changes of their actions" "ooh poetic, well I'll see you soon my prince" Lucas said before disappearing.

I smirk while I clap in the empty hallway where Claude and Athanasia stood "That was brilliant truly the perfect king and his perfect daughter" I say smiling bitterly "Atlantis when did you get here-" Suddenly a girl came in I smirked knowing who it was she handed Athanasia a bow that was missing from her dress "greeting your highness I wanted to give this to you" She smiled at Claude me and Athanasia Claude's eyes widened I felt satisfied "Jenette? right? I have to say you have beautiful eyes" I compliment smirking my gaze never leaving Claude "Thank you, your highness" She said smiling "mhm you should join Athanasia's tea party right Athanasia?" Athanasia who was sweating just nodded  "Great Jennette you can leave now" and with that she nodded and left "I'm sure you didn't expect me to be back alive but here I am in the flesh" I said sarcastically "Atlantis it's not like that-" "Save it Claude you're basically a stranger to me"

And with that I left them both making my way to my palace chamber.