Chapter 5: Leaving Alvarez

Natsu: Zeref is here? Like on this continent?  

Makarov: I can hardly believe it myself, but this Empire's leader who they called Spriggan is actually the Black Wizard Zeref. 

Natsu is shocked to hear that Zeref is in Alakitasia and is the Emperor of the Alvarez Empire, especially after learning why Makarov disbanded the guild to protect everyone from them. 

And everyone is shocked that their second strongest enemy Zeref, is the Emperor of the Alvarez Empire. 

Lucy: How is that possible?

Erza: The Emperor is Zeref? 

Yasuke: It would make since. With a man that has powerful dark magic, it's no wonder why he is their leader.

Gray is so shocked that Zeref is the Emperor of the Alvarez Empire that he is left speechless. Wendy, Carla, and Happy can't believe that Zeref is the Emperor of Alvarez because he is the second strongest enemy they have ever faced. 

Makarov: Since you come all this way back, I assume Mest has filled you in on the situation, and what I was trying to accomplish by travelling here.

Erza: (smile) He has. 

Wendy: (having happy tears coming out in the corners of her eyes) I'm just so glad that you're okay.

Makarov felt so ashamed right now.

Makarov: I've been far too naive through this whole ordeal. I came here believing that they would be willing to negotiate, but that was just a fantasy. And before I've made the journey west, I put the future of the guild in jeopardy. 

All that heartache and pain was for nothing! I've never felt this regent and embarrassment in my life!

He cries in shame as his efforts to negotiate with Alvarez and his decision to disband Fairy Tail to protect everyone was ultimately for nothing. 

Spyro: Hey don't worry about Master.

Cynder: Sure, you did disbanded the guild, but none of us blame you for it.

Gray: This year was tough, but we all made our way through it. And we're even stronger.

Lucy: It really is true, and the bond we share could never be broken. That's how we found each other again.

Luna: Everyone makes mistakes, it's okay. I believed your motivation to protect your children is what got you this far.

Erza: If concern for another is what pushes you to act, then it means something. Showing you care is important. Master, you taught us that lesson. 

Makarov is shocked, surprised, and touched that everyone in Fairy Tail doesn't harbor any resentment towards him for disbanding the guild, and that they could forgive him so easily. He is even more touched that they all still see him not only as their Guild Master, but their father as well.