Chapter 4 - forcing change...

*POV Y/n:*

Y/n: "...I guess... the answer is simple."

As if she knew what I was about to say, she extended her hand further, making it easier for me to grab the syringe which I end up doing, sighing as I stare at it for a bit.

Amelia: "I'll be honest... I'm a little bit disappointed in how this is turning out."

Amelia: "But, I gave you a option and I'll respect your choice despite that !"

Y/n: "You know... sometimes the easy answer truly is just the best one."

Y/n: "I could fake a smile, I could force happiness on myself, maybe eventually I'd get used to it after a few weeks perhaps..."

Y/n: "In the end it wouldn't change what happens to me no matter how you look at it, saying there's gotta be some kind of loophole is just a way to ease my mind, but I know the answer is... there isn't."

Amelia: "If I knew how long you had maybe I'd offer some kind of help to make this time smoother for you, but seeing as you'll probably forget about this interaction as well there's no real reason !"

Y/n: "...Yeah..."

I take a deep breath and give the syringe one last good look before removing the cap of the needle.

Amelia: "So, is there anything else you want to tell me or are we leaving it at this ?"

Y/n: "Nope, I got nothing else to say, sorry to disappoint."

...

'...I never thought it'd end like this.'

'The blessing of not knowing when you're to meet your end truly is something I never valued.'

'There's... a lot of things I didn't value enough now that I think about.'

'So many things I didn't appreciate haha...'

'Friends...'

'Having a home to go back to...'

'Being able to do what I want without much problems behind that...'

'A dream to strive for...'

'...'

A smile creeps up my face.

.....

...

Amelia: "How bothersome..."

She sighs as I can't help but shrug, surprisingly enough there was a smile on my face, I didn't fake it, for once I didn't have to... at least not now, my problems may not be gone and yet...

Y/n: "What, you didn't like the build up ?"

Amelia: "I appreciate a good script as much as the next girl, but was it really necessary to break it open !?"

Y/n: "Like the apple that once tempted us, I broke the very thing that could give me short lived salvation."

Amelia: "That makes absolutely no sense..."

Y/n: "I'm just saying that if the concoction is broken into pieces then I can't be tempted to use it at any point."

Amelia: "That's not what I meant !"

I look down at the floor beneat me, the syringe I once held in my hands was crushed into pieces, standing on top of it was my foot, this was my way to show I'd be facing my problem without any easy solutions, the liquid spilling from it... slowly approached the carpet, giving me feelings of guilt.

Y/n: "Ah sorry about your ca-"

Before I could finish my sentence she kneeled down on the floor trying to clean up the mess with a napkin first, seemingly trying to stop it from getting any worse before dealing with the rest of the problem.