Might Lead To A Perfect Life

(Clementine's Pov)

I look down to Violet as she slept and I looked to the bruising on the side of her head. I sighed a bit as I get up and Ruby comes in. I tell her that Violet had fallen asleep and she said she would watch her. I nod and then head out the room and I go and grabbed my gun. I made sure no one followed me as I walk out the doors and into the snow. I head out the gate and looked at where there were footprints. I follow them as they go deep in the woods and then they stopped by the river. I look around the area and even go on the other side of the river but the tracks were gone.

I sigh a bit and looked to the fishing shack and decided to go in to rest for a bit. once inside I make sure to barricade the door and I go take a seat on the bed and then take my prosthetic off and rubbed my stump a bit. It was a little irritated due to the amount of walking in cold weather I was doing, but I had to make sure Amos and the girl were gone. If they were close by then the whole group might be, or they might have been alone.

I sit here for a good few minutes and then decide to head back to the school so I put my leg back on and then go to the door. I removed the barricade and then head outside in the cold and I shake my head a bit at this. As I walked, I saw some boot prints and saw they were headed in the other direction. Did they split off? Or was there a third person with them? There were two separate tracks heading to the river. I rubbed my head a bit and the wind started to pick up so I head to the school. I'll inform them that there could be a third person around the area.

As I reached the school I noticed the tracks had veered off to the woods as well and as badly as I wanted to follow the tracks I did have to check in on Violet. As I get in through the gates, I made sure it was locked up pretty good before I head inside. I see Ruby running to Violets room so I hurry and follow her. As I come to the door, I see Violet as she was trying to stand up but she would sit back down and hold her head a bit.

"Hey it's ok." Ruby whispers and I look to the two before I go over to them and Violet looked to me but waved me off.

"Go away." She mutters and I look to Ruby who looked to me.

"Hey Clem just wants to help." Ruby says.

"I feel... sick." Violet mutters and I see Ruby grab a bucket and Violet held it in her arms as she placed her head in it just a bit.

"Do you just feel like vomiting?" I asked and Violet just nods and I gently place my hand to her back and rubbed it. she moves her head out the bucket a bit and then whispers.

"Loud noises suck."

"I know, do you think you can lay back in the bed?" I asked.

"No... just... feel like vomiting." She says and I nod and kept rubbing her back.

"Did you eat the stew?" I asked and she nods.

"It was good... just... got a really fucked headache." She says quietly and I nod and look to Ruby.

"Ok well Clem and I are just going to step out real quick and talk so we don't hurt your head more, is that ok?" Ruby asked and Violet nods. I get up and follow Ruby out the room.

"She might have a concussion the good thing is she can just rest and she'll be ok, but if things get worse." She says and I look to the door.

"We just need to keep an eye on her, I do have some pain medicine it might work it might not but she just needs to relax." She tells me and I nod as she heads off to get the pain medication and I go in the room just in time for Violet to hurl into the bucket. I frown a bit. I wasn't mad at her, it wasn't like she did this to herself. I was mad that she has to deal with this. I go over to her and rubbed her back gently and she quickly looked up and to the wall but then put her head back near the bucket.