Why Oh Why?

(Clementine's Pov)

I look to the door as does Violet. I didn't know if the knocking was real or if we just imagined it, but then there was another knock at the door and Violet looked to me as I looked to her. I moved off of her and went to answer the door to see AJ along with Tenn.

"Oh, uh hey you two." I say to them.

"Sorry, we just wanted to sleep in here with you guys." AJ says and I raise a brow at them and then look to Violet who shrugged.

"Uh sure but do we need to bring in-." I didn't finish before they came in and I see the large amounts of pillows and blankets in their hands. They drop them to the floor and then leave the room and I look to Violet again.

"Oh god." She says and then the boys come back with a few more stuff.

"Pillow fort." Tenn says and I nod.

"Ah, got it... need help?" I asked.

"Yes." AJ says and I chuckled as both Violet and I helped them with their extravagant pillow fort. They then said that we all would be in this fort for the night and we agreed as we went into the fort and I looked to the roof of the blankets and AJ along with Tenn were asking Violet if she could play her guitar again. She agreed at this point and had grabbed her guitar and just started to play a soft melody. I had my head by her lap and the boys were drawing. I would look to Violet some times and she was just playing her guitar and it was just relaxing.

"I'm going to head back to town tomorrow." She says and looked to me.

"Got to get a guitar for AJ." She says and I look to see AJ as he looked to Her.

"Really?" He asked.

"Sure, that's if you still want to play." She says and he nods.

"Yes." He says excited and I smiled at this.

"So, what's with the wedding rings?" Tenn asked.

"They're friendship rings, we had a whole argument on it." AJ tells him.

"...Those are wedding rings; those are way to nice to be friendship rings." Tenn says and both Violet and I laughed.

"Well next time we will find plastic ones." Violet tells him.

"I'm just saying, those look like wedding rings." He says and I look to Violet who just smiled.

"Are you and Clem going to get together?" AJ asked.

"No." We both say and she went back to her guitar.

"Why not?" He asked.

"We just don't want to be together." I tell him.

"But why?" He asked and I look to Violet as she looked to me.

"Well, would there be any difference if we were together?" She asked him.

"Maybe." He says.

"Well, what would the differences be?" I asked as we just looked to the boys and we let them sit and think for a bit.

"Well... you'd be happy." Tenn says.

"We're already happy with how we are right now." I stated.

"You wouldn't leave as much." AJ says.

"I already said I was going to stay, but even if we were there might be times I'd still leave." I tell him.

"Violet would be happy." Tenn says.

"Again, already happy with how we are." She tells him and they went silent for a bit and they looked to each other.

"Well wouldn't it be nice?" AJ asked and I look to him a bit and then sit up.