What Good Is Talking When No One Listens?

(Clementine's Pov)

A week had passed since I had kissed Violet, I tried my best to stay away from her and she didn't bring it up when we were together. Acting like it never happened. But God I couldn't forget the feeling of her kissing me back, it felt so nice, I felt so relaxed with her, but she still thinks I was talking about another person and not her. I was currently over by the playground looking at the boys as they were teaching AJ how to play tether ball. I then hear someone come up next to me and I look to see Violet as she looked to the boys as well. I then looked to AJ as Aasim had picked him up so he could hit the ball hard making it wrap around the pole three times before unwrapping before Tenn hit it.

"Hey um... Ruby wanted to know if you would help her in the greenhouse." Violet says and I nod as I get up and I head to the greenhouse. I could hear Violet behind me and I opened the door to the greenhouse but I don't see Ruby as the door closed.

"Where's Ruby?" I asked.

"I uh... lied, but I'm not going to do anything bad I just... wanted to talk." Violet says and I look to her. She takes a seat on the bench and I look to her as she clasped her hands together.

"Talk about what?" I asked.

"Hm... the uh... the kiss." She says and I rubbed my face a bit and place my hand on my hip.

"Look I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that, I just... I thought we kinda had a silent agreement that we wouldn't bring it up." I say and she nods.

"We kinda did but... I can't get it out of my head." She says.

"Can we forge it happened?" I asked and she looked to me then to the ground as she sighed.

"I... liked it." She says and I look to her.

"What?" I asked.

"I understand you like someone else, but... it felt... nice... you know." She says and I move my hand off my hip as she looked to me.

"But Minerva-."

"Could be dead, could be alive but different, many different scenarios but.... That doesn't change the fact that I liked it when you kissed me." She says and I look to her.

"I still shouldn't have done that." I tell her.

"Cause of the girl you like... I get it." She says and I shake my head as she looked to the ground.

"No... because I'm a hypocrite.... Louis kissed me and-."

"He kissed you?" She asked and I see her get up and she is looking at me.

"... Yeah, a while back." I tell her.

"... The same day you kissed me?" She asked and I nod a bit.

"Yeah." I say and she nods a bit.

"Soo.... Who was better?" She asked and I look at her as if she was crazy and she rubbed the back of her neck and chuckled a bit.

"Sorry, sorry very bad joke." She says and I groaned a bit as I take a seat.

"Stupid fucking feelings." I mutter and I take a breath before I look to her.

"I uh.... Just want to know why." She says and I look at her.

"I... how do I put this." I asked myself and looked to the side a bit as I thought. She didn't rush me which I was happy about. I look to Violet as she was looking to the plants a bit and I look to the ground.

"You're cool... you're nice, funny... you don't automatically try to ask me out you actually wanted to get to know me, even if it was for a purpose of trying to make sure I was safe for your friends and not just... questions on whether I've dated before... it was... is... so much different then the others I've met." I tell her and she looked to me.