Chapter Part 10

When Ben and Kevin arrive out of the portal, they look around a desolate wasteland. It had similar features to where Ben first encountered Jager and Eon. Tall pillars of rock protrude from the ground up and up. However what separates this place from the other is a massive crater in the ground. Around the edges of the crater and in the crater itself are small chunks of a white rock embedded into the ground.

"This place has seen some action." Kevin says as he notes that this was made from a fight rather than naturally occurring. Kevin touches a piece of the pale white stone and absorbs it. His body becomes layered by the stuff, although it's much more complicated than that.

Ben begins to survey the area for either Gwen or Rook although he still engages with Kevin in his thoughts. "You're not wrong. Must have been some attack that did this. I even doubt Humungarsuar would make a hole this big." He says joking with his friend.

As Kevin is still gazing at the rocks, Ben climbs to the top of the hole. Looking around he spots a silhouette of a person leaning back against a cliff face.

"Hey over here!" Ben shouts down to Kevin.

"I see someone."

Once they had both scaled the crater and ran over to the body on the cliff they began to notice blue details on the person. The person seems to have furry features too. Of course it was Rook. He was currently propping himself up by his arm. He had tattered clothes with cuts and bruises all over.

"What happened to you?" Ben says as he reaches him. He takes his arm and wraps it around his shoulder allowing Rook to rest his weight on him. Kevin also helps too. Rook begins to mutter in a whisper before passing out.

Ben gives a face of pure fear. It quickly fades to anger and rage. However before Kevin could even begin to wonder what got Ben so worked up a gust of wind blew through the waste. From the epicentre of the blast stood Eon. And he was ready to fight.

Ben and Kevin lay Rook down, raising their fists ready to fight. "If you don't mind I'll be taking him now." Eon smirks. He was confident. This made the duo of hero's uneasy. However surprising Kevin, Ben charges forward with a flash of green. Out of the flash charges a massive metal being with a clock on his stomach. It was bronze looking with what appears to be a clock turner on his head. "Clockwork!" Ben announces as he fire a beam of green energy out towards Eon, who responds in kind by returning his own power shaded with purple. At the point of contact the area began to grow old and wither. The small amount of plant life decomposed and the hard rocks and stones turned to sand. The force of the collision grew and grew till Eon breaks the current silence.

"Ah so I guess you've found out. Yes your friends right we caught the pesky Gwendolyn at her point of arrival. Unfortunately she magicked your Blue friend away but you all won't escape."

Over by the other, Kevin charges to attack Eon. However in a flash Jager swoops out of nowhere and covers Rook in her cloak as he's laid on the floor. When she moves away Rook is gone. She suddenly appears next to Eon now who's managed to force Ben back who's Omnitrix is beginning to feel the strain of constant time manipulation. It flashes red although it doesn't power down. Ben refused to turn back.

"We should leave. We have to focus on the artifact." Jager says as she vanishes within her cloak after guiding Eon inside. And they are gone.

Ben returns to normal, looking at the place they disappeared from. Although there's now no sign that they wherever there. Kevin slams his fist into the dirt. His fist now bleeding slight as he stands again. "What now Tennyson?" He says with a small amount of poison in his words. In just one excursion to rescue their friends they had found one, lost him and discovered the other was already lost. Ben and Kevin remain in the dirt broken and beaten. Despite not a single punch being thrown.

"I.. I don't know" Is all Ben can reply.