Chapter 1

Marina's POV:

I'm picking out a dress for tonights useless business dinner I will attend with my family.

I skim through the racks in my extravagant walk in closet and I truly can't find anything that fazes me. My mother insists I wear some sort of gown tonight.

Speak of uncomfy? I was clearly not made for this lifestyle. Once in a while I find it nice to get all glammed up but only when I feel like it.

Not for my fathers stupid business dinners. I settle on a beautiful unworn burgundy silk dress that will definitely hug my curves. Not a gown obviously, but my mother should be pleased I even picked a dress, if it were up to me I would be wearing a hoodie.

I hear a knock on my door. "Yes?" i shout.

The door slowly creeps open to reveal Gia. My father and mother like to call her a maid, which is half true but I think the term is rude. She is just a human like us, so i don't feel the need to call her a maid I call her by her name.

" Your father has asked me to send you down to his office. He has some important news." She speaks.

What could he possibly want now? Like give me a break.

" I'll be there in a sec " i let Gia know. She shuts my door as I go to change into something other then my crewneck before my parents scold me for looking like a 'peasant'.

As I walk into my fathers office I expect to see just him per usual. But I see my mother and a few a of his lawyers all sitting at his table. What are the lawyers doing here? Uh oh im in trouble.

" What'd I do this time? " i spoke with a slouchy tone.

" Sit " my fathers barks. How is this asshole possibly my father? How can he speak to his only child that way.

I slowly sank down into my seat while taking in the fact everyone in the room was staring daggers through my head.

" Marina, you know the Samoan mafia ? " my father speaks. I nod my head skeptically.

What does the Samoan mafia want. I thought them and my father were on good terms.

" You know the boss' son? " he speaks again. I shake my head no. God, what does this have to do with anything.

"Well you will soon, your getting married." he speaks confidently.

This has to be a joke. I'm not getting married anytime soon.

"No we are not dad" i speak back to him just as confidently.

No way in hell would i marry a man I don't know. Plus im only 19, i know these mafia people like to get married early. But i have a life to live.

" Yes you are, we are done here. " Everyone including him raise from their seats and leave the room leaving me and my mother sitting there.

"Mom, is this some sort of joke" i speak with tears in my eyes. She looks at me with almost a sorrowful look but is quickly replaced by a stoic one.

"No Marina, this is not a joke, you are getting married and you are getting married period. I got married when I was your age and you shall do the same. No fighting us on this it's a done deal, your father signed a contract. Tonight at the dinner you will meet him. Your wedding will happen by the end of this month. That's all you need to know " she says while getting up and leaving the room too.

I don't even realize but tears are streaming down my face. How could my parents do this to me?

I've only just became an adult and they are already forcing me to marry some man that I don't know of. Even worse he has something to do with a mafia.

I want to get away from the mafia business and they are pulling me closer.

I walk back to my room and cry into my pillow. When the tears stop streaming I feel a wave of sleep wash over me. I remember I have a dinner to attend at set an alarm so I have enough time to get ready.

As i fall deeper into my sleep I keep imagining of how my parents could do this to me and how my future 'husband' will treat me.

A/N: A slow start, next chapter will be better. Vote please!