Chapter Twenty Six Snippet.

The ringing of Minho's phone shattered the silence of his apartment, pulling him out of his thoughts. With trembling hands, he answered the call, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Minho speaking," he said, trying to keep his voice steady despite the fear gnawing at him.

"Mr. Lee, this is Detective Park from the Seoul Metropolitan Police Department," a stern voice greeted him from the other end of the line. "I need to ask you a few questions regarding the recent rumours circulating about you and your involvement in certain incidents."

"How about this,"

Shin Jiwoo, their manager, sighs, rubbing his forehead. "You tell me the truth, and we figure out what to do next. The cameras have been tampered with by the JYP team cyber security experts, but it won't be long until the police find out. So either you tell me what happened with those victims or either you let them do it for you. Choice is yours. "

"I can't keep pretending that everything's okay when it's clearly not."

But Minho only laughed, a hollow, mirthless sound that sent shivers down Seungmin's spine. "You're being paranoid, Seungmin," he said dismissively, his eyes cold and calculating. "You know me better than anyone. You know I could never do something like that."

With the weight of uncertainty pressing down upon him, Seungmin could only cling to the hope that somehow, someway, he would uncover the truth before it was too late. But as the darkness closed in around them, casting a shadow over their once bright future, he couldn't shake the feeling that they were hurtling towards a reckoning from which there would be no escape.

*note: Chapter 26 won't be very dialogue driven, sorry for that. Happy to be back, though! :)