Chapter 15

"There you are. I was just about to call you." Tae said while coming over to where Copter and Kimmon were, tailing by the girl behind him. Copter was just smile awkwardly to Tae and Kimmon just keep being bystander to make sure to watch every single expression on Copter's face, and also Tae's.

"I want to introduce to you. This is Thara, Village Chief's daughter. She just came back from overseas for her studies." Tae said and Copter was waii to her while smiling a little. But the girl just smirk at him and waves a little, and said, "Hi, Copter."

Thara then turned her attention back to Tae while taking hold Tae on his arm. "Let's go. My dad was waiting for you." She said, more to whining making Copter cringe and Kimmon felt irritated by her action. She obviously ignored Copter on purpose.

"Cop, I couldn't cook for dinner today. Have dinner at the café, okay? Kimmon, could you please accompany Copter for dinner? I need to go somewhere else." Said Tae while keeps trying to hold his ground from Thara who still keeps on trying to pull him away.

"No worries, P'Tae. I promise to treat him for dinner anyway." Said Kimmon smiling to Tae, though still irritated with the girl's action.

"That's good, then. Don't forget to rest early, okay, Cop. I might be late tonight, so don't wait for me. I'll be going first." Tae was ruffling Copter's hair again before let himself being pulled by Thara. Copter couldn't watch them for too long, and didn't even turned around when Tae was going out of the door behind them. Somehow, Copter didn't give any reaction, but Kimmon could see Copter was taking in deep breath before turning to Kimmon, trying to fix a smile. A broken smile, but Kimmon would just smile to him and walk ahead to find a place to sit which Copter was follow suit later.

"So, what's good here? I'll take all your recommendation." Kimmon said while they both look at the menu. Copter just smile and just like Kimmon had suggested, he make the order for both of them.

xxx

"Finally you come here. I bet you must be busy handling the business. I could see some construction. The business look good. No, I think it gets better now that you are here." The village chief keeps on praising Tae even after they already finish having dinner.

"Still manage to keeps on. I'm really thankful for that." Said Tae humbly enough. The Village Chief is a friend to his late grandmother, that's why the two family quite close. Thara is just like his sister, but he can smell that Thara want something more. With the way Village Chief talking today too, he must have something up his sleeve, but he couldn't guess what.

"Dad, you talk nonsense since before we have dinner. Can we get to the point now?" said Thara impatiently making Tae frowning.

"Get to the point? What point?" Asked Tae confused. Then Thara just take Tae's hand in her hold while keep on smiling sweetly to Tae.

"About us." Thara said which makes Tae's brows furrowed further.

"Thara said you both had been dating for a while. So before she start looking for a job, I wanted to marry her off. That's why I asked her to invite you today to talk about it." Village Chief's words seems flowing with the wind around Tae's mind that it hard for him to process.

"Date? Me and her? Thara, what is this?" Tae asked like a stupid person, making Village Chief frowning now.

"I told you I love you, right? So, this is expected." Thara replied casually making Tae laugh a little, unbelievable.

"And I told you I'm not in love with you. Sorry, uncle. Thara had misunderstanding our relationship. I never date her and never will. To me, she is just like a sister I never had. Not more not less. The reason I came here today because Thara told me you were invited me because it's been so long. I'm sorry if I disappointed you." Answer Tae clearly as fast as he could to fix all this situation. He always knew how childish Thara is, but this was beyond childish. It could lead to illusion and obsession, so he had to make it clear enough so that Village Chief understand.

Tae thought the Village Chief will be so upset that he could pull this tea table upside down, and was prepare for any of those impact. But surprisingly, his reaction is very calm and not long after Tae finish his words, Village Chief was just smiling.

"But this isn't fair P'Tae. We have been growing up together and you are the only person who truly understand me. I'm sure you can love me more after we marry each other. Please, just give me a chance. Give us a chance." Thara keeps on begging. She was trying to say more but Village Chief had using his vehemently voice, making Thara stop abruptly.

"Stop it, Thara. You should be old enough to understand that this kind of things couldn't be force on others. Now, I want you to get inside." Thara was just pouting hearing her father but when Village chief almost scream saying, "Now!" she was startled before standing up and thumping her feet, walking away sulkily.

"I'm sorry Tae. I expected as much but she keeps insisting that she will only marry you, so I asked if you both had mutual feelings, and that's what she told me. I need you here to tell me on my face so that I could stop all her nonsense." Said Village Chief while shaking his head. Just like Tae thought that Thara as a sister, he also thought of Tae as his son.

"I know you that much, Tae. If you really were indeed in a relationship with her, you will come here yourself, I don't have to call you here for anything." Village Chief added.

"I appreciate this, uncle. I'm sorry if I offended you or something." Said Tae replying to the old man he respected so much.

"Don't worry. But don't forget to visit me from time to time. Let's have drink together next time." Said Village Chief while smiling, make Tae feel relief.

"Thank you uncle. It's getting late now. So, I'll get back home first uncle. Thank you for dinner." Said Tae which shortly he was standing up right away, followed by the Village Chief.

After saying his goodbye, Tae was getting back home right away. He make sure his movement produce a minimal sound when opening the door, afraid it would wake Copter up. The house was a little dark, only one light is on, indicated that Copter might have been sleeping already.

Slowly, Tae was heading to Copter's room, opening the door carefully just to check on Copter. He was watching the bundle on the bed for a while while smiling. Copter's sleeping face had never cease to amuse him.

Tae was watching Copter for a while, just while standing at the door. He didn't want to come near, afraid he will wake Copter up. He felt enough just to watch him from this far. After some time, he close the door slowly, while mumbling, "Good night, Copter."

End of Chapter 15