twenty-one

Makenna's surgery was a success.

after a few days of observation, the girl got to go home. although, she was back on a high dose of pain meds, throwing her back into that high state she was in before.

her dosage amount was controlled, so she didn't take more than she needed, due to the meds being highly addictive.

"doll, not that i usually complain about you not wearing pants, but i think you need to put some on." Bucky laughed, as he walked into the kitchen. "no, 'm fine." Makenna shook her head.

"i brought you a pair of my sweatpants." Bucky said, holding them up. "oh okay." Makenna giggled, walking over to him. Bucky helped her into the pants, and then kissed her on the head.

"i want you." Makenna mumbled, as she wrapped her arms around the back of Bucky's neck. "i'm right here." Bucky smiled down at the girl.

"no, i want you." Makenna whispered. "oh." Bucky nodded, "i love you, but you're on drugs. i don't wanna do anything without you being in the rate state of mind."

"it- it's the same as me being drunk." Makenna pointed out. "Kenna, darling, these are hardcore drugs. it's not the same, but when you are off these drugs i will give you everything you want." Bucky told the brunette, "okay?"

"okay." Makenna pouted. "okay." Bucky repeated. "can you make me a bagel?" Makenna asked, looking up at him. "yes, i can make you a bagel." Bucky smiled, with a laugh.

. . .

"how are you feeling?" Steve asked, rubbing Makenna's head as he walked past. "mmm." Makenna hummed, with a mouthful of bagel.

"i'll take that as good." Steve smiled, looking over at Bucky. "yeah. she's feeling better. it's mostly the drugs, but better nonetheless." Bucky replied.

"they're good drugs." Makenna mumbled, before licking the cream cheese off her fingers. "i'm sure they are." Steve laughed, standing next to Bucky, who turned around, leaning on the sink, and crossing his arms over his chest.

"i had to get her to put pants on." he whispered. "she was naked?" Steve questioned, lowly. "no, but her shirt isn't long enough, and i could see her whole ass." Bucky stated, making Steve laugh.

"yeah." Bucky nodded, running a hand through his hair. "when is she off the pain meds?" Steve asked. "another few days." Bucky replied. "that's good." Steve nodded.

"yeah." Bucky huffed. "what's wrong?" Steve asked, noticing the change in Bucky's demeanor. "she's... she's worried about the tremor not being gone. i mean not right now. right now she's more worried about her bagel."

"but, before the surgery she was worried. she's worried about how it could affect her medical career." Bucky explained. "medical career? is she planning on starting one?" Steve questioned.

"not that i know of, but she could. she could if she wanted." Bucky replied. "yeah." Steve agreed, "she definitely could."

. . .

"meds." Bucky stated, shaking Makenna's medication bottles, as he walked into her room. "okay." she groaned, pausing the show she was watching. Grey's Anatomy.

she sat up from her curled up position on the bed with Alpine. Bucky grabbed her, her water bottle off the nightstand, before giving her the palmful of medication.

"i'm missing one." Makenna said, looking up from the colorful pills in her hand. "yeah, uh, no more pain meds." Bucky stated, and watched as the girls face lit up.